Sitec are currently looking for the right candidate as the Head of Enterprise Applications for a nuclear MoD establishment based in Reading. This is a permanent position and is paying a Competitive Salary plus defined contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, additional flexible benefits scheme, and excellent work/life balance including nine day working fortnight.
Overall Job Purpose
A Senior Leadership role to lead the provision of IT services to support the company's business functions, specifically overseeing the selection, deployment, operations and maintenance of Line-of-Business and Enterprise software Applications. Lead the liaison with business functions to ensure that functions can operate to the maximum effectives and efficiency whilst retaining overall governance. Work with all functions with particular emphasis on: Finance, HR, Facilities Management, Asset Management, Science and Production.
* Ensure that Line-of-Business and Enterprise Applications support business goals and meet user requirements, where necessary consolidating across different user communities.
* Ensure that the development, deployment and support of Enterprise Applications are in line with business and Information Services strategies, maximising operational effectiveness.
* Lead the development of Information Services Application Roadmaps, consulting business function leads, system integrators and vendors.
* As a Senior Leader, lead the Information Services Application Support Teams ensuring that collective and individual objectives are aligned to business outcomes; also ensuring that skill and resource levels are maintained and appropriate.
* Ensure that the process for selection, deployment, upgrading and maintaining Line-of-Business and Enterprise software is subject to appropriate and relevant governance.
* Provide subject matter expertise to senior management on the use of Line-of-Business and Enterprise Applications across the full range of Business Strategy, Change Programmes, Business Operations and regulatory compliance.
* Work with Architecture, Operations and Information Assurance Leads to ensure that Line-of-Business and Enterprise Applications are set and achieve appropriate Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability objectives.
* Communicate clearly with business users at all levels including to the Executive Board.
* Oversee the capture, recording and analysis of operating metrics for applications informing senior management as required.
* Prepare and oversee operating budgets for Line-of-Business and Enterprise Applications. Oversee monthly forecasts and provide explanation of variances.
* Take part in Information Services Senior Leadership Team Management and decision-making, accepting both individual and collective accountability.
* Influence internal and external stakeholders to define Strategy and Policy.
* Maintain the focus on key Strategic Deliverables.
* Motivate and inspire Leaders to commit to delivering results across the business.
* Build teams and set direction.
* Actively champion Diversity and Inclusion through actions and behaviour.
* Identify talent and create opportunities to develop others, including through effective delegation
* Maintain and promote high personal standards in Environment, Safety, Health, Security and Quality and be a great team player.
* Responsible for undertaking other duties as reasonably required from time to time.
Qualifications and/ or professional memberships
* Degree or equivalent in an IT related subject area.
* A wide understanding and appreciation of all Information Services business
* Strong communications and influencing skills and excellent inter-personal skills.
* Proven ability to self-start: analyse a situation, rapidly develop options, deliver change and oversee steady-state operations.
* Currency in application strategies and products across at least three of Finance, HR, Facilities Management, Asset Management, Science and Production and Enterprise
* Extensive experience of a senior IT Leadership role managing corporate applications portfolios.
* Proven high-level skills in both business-user and employee engagement.
* Evidence of the ability to innovate to meet business needs.
* Experience of On Premise, Platform-as-a-Service and Software-as-a-Service applications. Detailed experience in at least one area of IT, either technical or Service management).
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Agency.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.