Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Graduate Programme Manager for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading (private organisation). The post is for an estimated initial 6 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment and due to the nature of the projects with this client, Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK for the last 10 years who hold a full British Passport. Unfortunately, Dual nationals may be considered for certain roles.
To lead on the Graduate Programme by driving the development and delivery of solutions that strengthens our clients future talent pipelines. To champion and drive the internal and external approach to future talent and to extend and build the programme to include a stronger "Alumni" that adds to the internal and external EVP, delivering to our clients STEM and outreach aspirations (Workforce Planning).
Summary of Role
* To develop, manage and maintain the induction, development, out-turn and Alumni of those on the Graduate Programme
* To manage and co-ordinate the Graduate Welcome (Sept) for all graduates and co-ordinate all on-boarding activity e.g. line manager involvement, Exec Team sponsorship, speakers, venues and logistics
* To manage and co-ordinate the Graduate Celebration events when Graduates out-turn from their 2 year programme
* To build and maintain strong relationships with our Graduate Reps, Graduate Managers, Project Sponsors and Graduates to develop great communication channels, cohesive programme, two-way feedback and a consistent experience for our future talent.
* To embark on and develop Graduate Programme projects that are specific to the improvement of the programme, but will vary dependant on need/focus by HR/Business
* Partner extensively with our Resourcing partners in HR, specifically Graduate Resourcing to ensure we are aligned on all aspects of the programme.
* To facilitate the collation of Graduate Programme projects and assign to all graduates. Ongoing monitoring of project with Project Sponsors.
* To document and maintain a Graduate Programme overview from Attraction, Recruitment, Development & Retention.
* To manage and coordinate any external awards (Graduates) process and ensure that nominations and awards contribute to EVP and PR strategy
* Be a central POC and SME for all matters arising from, affecting or relating to the Graduate Programme
* Maintain data and respond to data requests in support of planning and marketing
* To provide ongoing support to the Graduate community, offer advice when needed and give guidance utilising own business network.
* Inspire future talent and drive attrition down and engagement up
* To build external relationships with key stakeholders and organisations and enhance the constant improvement of the Graduate Programme
* To develop and maintain the Graduate Programme Business Skills training portfolio and when needed up date and refresh it with new training programmes/suppliers.
* Build strong relationship with the Apprentice community to ensure we join together the Graduates and Apprentices as and when appropriate.
* To manage the interface with the Schools Liaison group to maximise return on investment in talent pipeline related activities
* Once a Talent approach has been agreed this role will act as a focal point to manage talent, succession and personal development plan data across the Graduate population and sub function areas to enable talent management decision making
* Work with HR Centres of Expertise to monitor talent management and mobility activities
* To track progress of development of high potential individuals through focused and prioritised Personal Development plans
* Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
* Be a role model for Graduates on the Graduate Scheme
* Be involved and support the Graduate Resourcing team with Graduate recruitment events such as assessment centres, University visits and graduate recruitment advertising campaigns.
Qualifications and/or Professional Memberships
* CIPD Qualified desirable
* Analytical and able to see trends in data or series of events and make connections
* Strong relationship manager with excellent communication skills - both written/verbal
* Ability to gain commitment and buy in to support development of talent, succession planning and personal development planning
* Excellent presenter and facilitator with a strong personal impact
* Outcome focused and drives delivery of objectives and business activities
* Forward thinker and connects current activities to business plans
* Strong organisational skills
* Ability to use coaching skills to support development and drive action
* Innovative and injects change into how things are done
* Good presentation skills but brings willingness to learn and practice
* Able to handle sensitive and confidential data - Essential
* Knowledge of LC 10, 12 and 36 - Essential
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.