Sitec has a requirement for a Global Commodity Buyer for our prestigious client. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a leading company within the aerospace industry.
This is a contract role for an estimated 13 months. The pay rate for this role is £28 per hour LTD Company and is based in Bristol.
Job Summary of Global Commodity Buyer
Within General Procurement, you will be performing strategic procurement activities within the sub-commodity Facility Management and Site Services, with trans-national and trans-divisional approach taking into account the General Procurement perimeter.
Key Job Accountabilities of Global Commodity Buyer
* Implementing the procurement strategy defined together with the Category Manager / Multi-Functional-Team (MFT) within the scope of activity supporting the client's needs.
* Lead the strategy implementation through Multi-Functional-Team (MFT).
* Develop the organisation as we move towards Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) models.
* Managing a transnational team of commodity buyers to deliver group Call for Tenders (CFT). This team will be a variable team setup changing members dependent upon the commodity purchasing plan workload. You will lead each team to deliver the savings plan and the supplier solutions, thus ultimately achieving the balance between savings vs supplier performance delivery and customer satisfaction.
* Perform strategic and tactical CFT for the divisions affected with national or transnational focus within the scope of the sub-commodity. Conduct negotiations, Supplier selection and contracting.
* Develop and maintain an efficient supply chain capable to deliver goods/work-packages (services), matching the clients requirements and business objectives.
* Ensure that deliverables are in line with the contractual terms (cost, time, quality) by monitoring Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
* Secure long-term alignment of the preferred supplier base with the long-term trans-national and trans-divisional strategic needs of the client.
* Ensure continuous commercial relationship with suppliers in order to secure work with best-in-class suppliers and protect the clients from contractual risks.
* Conduct procurement processes in alignment with the strategy agreed in order to fulfil business needs and provide the internal customers with valued services in compliance with the clients General Procurement procedures and guidelines.
* Customers' satisfaction, achieved through supplier delivery performance and strong commercial management of the supplier relationship/contractual performance obligations.
* Propose, launch and deliver on initiatives contributing to the clients Savings Programmes using the levers of requirements harmonisation/standardisation, challenge technical specifications, volume aggregation, and control of the demand.
* Support Supply Chain management activities focused on Supplier Performance and Development actions focused on scope of responsibility.
* Evolve strategic options and the supplier markets together with the Category Managers, MFTs with strategically relevant input to support the strategy development.
Main Job Responsibilities of Global Commodity Buyer
* Drive General Procurement processes in the framework of the activity scope of sub-commodity for the clients General Procurement perimeter, mainly focusing on procurement of subcontracted activities.
* Manage and lead MFT members within the framework of national, trans-national, divisional and/or trans-divisional procurement projects (e.g. Call for Tenders, Requests for Information), contribute to the control, standardisation and bundling of the demand, challenge and approve the specifications, run the suppliers selection processes.
* Evolve and influence the supplier market, the business, and the internal customer to move toward Total Cost of Ownership models and solutions.
* Negotiate, establish and implement Master Service Agreements (MSA) and Work Package Agreements (WPA) based on Categories' strategies.
* Perform contract management with regular contract reviews with the clients internal customer base and strategic suppliers, based on consistent and factual commercial, quality and delivery KPIs as defined in specification, CFT process and Work Package Agreement (WPA), evaluate and improve suppliers' performance in terms of time, costs and quality.
* Manage suppliers' overall performance and the impact of weak performance on the client and initiate recovery actions when necessary.
* Provide guidance, strategy updates, rules and process information to Business Operations to ensure correct execution of transactional procurement activities aligned with the categories` strategies to full customer satisfaction.
* Participate in the definition of trans-national, trans-divisional procurement strategies by providing continues feedback, benchmark, costing and "make or buy" analysis.
* Contribute to the implementation of new procurement tools such as e-procurement and e-catalogues, as needed.
* Monitor savings linked to Call for Tender results, demand management and procurement performance; contribute to secure and achieve the clients Savings Programmes' commitments.
* Engineering or Business school graduate.
* Languages: English (negotiation level), Spanish / German / French (of advantage, but not mandatory)
* Good negotiation, persuasion skills
* Good project management skills to lead MFT, perform procurement projects/ call for tenders, lead change management
* Good team management and leadership skills
* Good knowledge about procurement contracts
* Good financial skills
* Good communication and influencing skills
* Good conflict management and conflict resolving skills (Seek win-win solutions)
* Good governance and organisation skills
* Minimum 3 years of experience within procurement
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.