Sitec are currently looking to recruit a GIS Engineer for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The post is for an estimated 6-9 month contract initially and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
To support day-to-day GIS operations for DS AISC, focusing on maintaining asset configuration baselines in the GIS enterprise database and implementing data quality assurance procedures for data and cartographic map production.
* Support the Senior GIS engineers with day-to-day spatial data entry, spatial data manipulation and production of bespoke cartographic maps within the company Enterprise Oracle versioned geodatabase
* Assist with back office document and record management
* Undertake adhoc GPS survey tasks in support of baseline configuration
* To ensure that I understand and apply my responsibilities with regard to the Company's Environment, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards
* Recent graduate of GIS or IT related discipline
* Possible membership of a relevant professional body
* Fundamental knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS and data management principles.
* An understanding of Global Positioning systems (GPS) and their application to data capture and mobile GIS systems.
* Recent graduate in GIS, preferably within some working experience.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills
* Good analytical and problem solving skills
* Attention to detail Behaviours
* Working effectively with others towards common goals, and clear, concise, fluent and unambiguous in exchange of information at all levels
* Able to work in any area of a Nuclear Site
* Full Driving Licence
Willing and able to obtain and maintain the appropriate level of security clearance necessary for the role
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.