Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Geotechnician for a Private Oil and Gas Company in Leatherhead, Surrey. The post is initially for a 12 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
The Geoscience Technical Support Team (GTS) Project Geotechnician provides data integrity and technical / application support within the GTS team and to business unit project Geoscientists as necessary.
The Geotech should know the objectives of the projects they are assigned to, and have an understanding of their roles and responsibilities to better anticipate needs. Building a working knowledge of basic geology and understanding internal (and vendor) databases (The Companies Subsurface Database, Recall, etc.) is essential. Strong organizational and communications skills are key.
Tasks & Responsibilities
* Data Integrity and Standards
* Provide project level geoscience data integrity (data QC) and data management support that enables Geoscientists to work more effectively
* Help establish and maintain local and global data standards and models
* Gather, transfer and load data from corporate repositories into project data stores and shared projects
* Work with the Companies Upstream IT to identify / locate heritage data and ensure data is loaded properly into corporate repositories
* Assist in using data query / search tools including EMFindIt
* Assist Technical Data Center in capture and documentation of new and rediscovered 3rd party / vendor datasets Data Manipulation and Workflows
* Import and export spatial, well, and log data from 3rd party and vendor datasets
* Convert, transform, reposition and reformat data from original sources and corporate repositories as needed
* Manage and maintain spatial data (cartography and culture data) using ArcGIS and Petrel
* Document new workflows and automation of routine defined tasks Technical Processes
* Utilize appropriate technology to generate or support the creation of geoscience maps, presentation packages, montages, logs, etc. with the ultimate goal of helping to make a business decision
* Create, digitize, edit, add attributes, import and export GIS data
* Generate derivative products and first-pass interpretation support for Geoscientists
* Produce geological figures General
* Network with Houston and global Geoscience Technical Support team members
* SharePoint administration
* Monitor/analyse competitor activity as required
Skills & Qualifications
BSc in relevant Geoscience / Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or 5-10 years of experience in Exploration, Development & Production environment is preferred.
A Geoscience Technical Support Technician will demonstrate many of the following:
* Understanding of geoscience data including data elements, relationships, and usage in order to identify data problems and loading errors
* Practical knowledge of geodetics and coordinate reference systems * Proficient in MS Office tools (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Familiar with the various digital and hardcopy data repositories
* Basic knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Python, Perl, SQL) is helpful
* Strong analytical and technical problem solving skills
* Effective oral and technical business writing/communication skills
* Promotes collaboration and knowledge sharing
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.