Functional Safety Consultants (Junior to Senior)
To support our client expansion programme we're looking to employ Functional Safety Consultants (from junior to lead).
The job will be based out of our clients' office (overlooking the Thames) in South West London, on a full-time basis with some travel to client sites in the UK and Ireland.
Salary: Available upon enquiry. Benefits:- Annual incentive program. CPD training. Pension scheme. 25 days holiday. Flexible working.
Our client is a specialist engineering consultancy providing control & instrumentation engineering, process & technical safety services, and OT cyber security consultancy services. Founded in 2008 they have a team of high calibre engineers who have a passion for combining engineering and innovation.
Functional Safety Consultants (junior to senior) to support our clients multiple Oil & Gas, Utilities, Automotive and Manufacturing projects. Working across all stages of the lifecycle of a project from design to commissioning, offering variety and the chance to work with a multi-disciplinary team. These positions sit within the wider Risk team encompassing technical safety, functional safety and OT cyber security.
The following key responsibilities/experiences are expected based on seniority of applicant:
* Knowledge and experience of using Functional Safety parent standard
* Working to international safety standards, engineering philosophies and methodologies.
* Adhere to Lagoni Functional Safety Management and Quality Management Systems
* Working with a multi-disciplinary engineering team.
* Participate in safety workshops such as HAZID, HAZOP, CHAZOP.
* Full lifecycle Functional Safety studies.
* Chair safety assessments such as HAZID, HAZOP, CHAZOP.
* Functional Safety management activities
* Functional Safety Assessment
* Fire & Gas procedures, mapping & verification.
* Attend client meetings and proactive identification of client requirements.
* Management of associated documentation including change documentation.
* Ability to project manage smaller projects or the willingness to learn.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
* Minimum 3 years' experience in a similar role with hands on experience as defined for junior applicant above.
* Knowledge of safety standards such as IEC 61508, IEC 61511, ISO 26262, IEC 62061 and ISO 13849
* TÜV Functional Safety certification
* Awareness of process operations and/or brownfield modifications within Oil & Gas or Utilities
* Awareness of environmental, Physical Hazard Effects (PHE) modelling
* Experienced in working to CDM regulations and COMAH regulations.
Joining a team of 30 members of staff, the role offers the opportunity to join a growing company with an expanding projects portfolio. Learning and development is actively encouraged with opportunities for company sponsorship for professional development, and in-house mentoring opportunities to enable cross-discipline learning.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.