Sitec has an interesting requirement for Flight Crew for our client based in Farnborough. This is a contract position for an estimated 6 months initially. The max rate of pay is up to £35.00 p/hr LTD Company.
Our clients Zephyr programme involves a record breaking High Altitude Long Endurance solar-electric powered remotely piloted aircraft system (RPAS) capable of persistent operations in the stratosphere over many weeks. Zephyr has held the world record for the longest unrefuelled aeroplane flight since 2010 and is now ready to demonstrate its full potential on the world stage.
We require enthusiastic, talented, team-oriented people with relevant technical and aviation experience to operate the RPAS.
As Flight Crew, you will be required to undergo specialist training at our clients UK facility in Farnborough and, if successful, will operate the RPAS on a rotational basis both in the UK and at overseas locations.
This is your opportunity to be part of an exciting aviation activity at the leading edge of global RPAS operations.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
You will be responsible for the safe and effective operation of a Zephyr RPAS as part of a multi-person crew encompassing the following tasks:
* System management and aircraft navigation from a ground control station
* Flight planning, meteorology, system preparation and airspace management
* Working with external stakeholders including Air Traffic Control agencies and customers
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* Demonstrable ability to make and implement complex technical risk-based decisions under pressure in a small-team environment
* Excellent analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
* Fluent in English (at least to ICAO Level 5), have the right to work in the UK or Australia, and be willing to deploy to several overseas locations for extended periods
* Competent in maths and physics and skilled at using Microsoft™ applications
* Able to meet UK DVLA Group 2 driving medical standards
Desirable Skills and Experience
* Relevant aviation or technical qualification, preferably to degree level.
* Relevant flying experience, preferably with a valid pilot's licence and ideally with multi-crew experience. Instructor and instrument ratings (particularly Australian IREX) would be advantageous. Comparable military qualifications are equally welcome.
* A good understanding of the technical, operational and environmental factors affecting Zephyr.
* Operating experience with large RPAS, preferably including beyond line-of-sight flying.
* Able to offer support for other technical, operational or management skills across the programme
Successful applicants must meet eligibility requirements to obtain UK Security Clearance.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.