Sitec has an exciting requirement for a Fitter for our client Caterpillar. This is a contract role for an estimated 3 months and will be based in Wimborne.
As the successful candidate, you will build company products to the levels of safety, quality, consistency and efficiency expected by the company. This will be achieved using basic fitting skills and following company documentation.
Job duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* All work to be undertaken to a high standard of workmanship and cleanliness and within the time scales required.
* Good judgement is required to ensure that all parts used are of the correct quality and fitted correctly.
* You will have an understanding of the main engine components, their function and special fitting needs within one or more build sections.
* You will identify engine/genset and any kitted material as detailed on works papers.
* You will identify and assemble current build groups as detailed on works papers.
* You will assemble the engine/genset in accordance with works papers, company procedures and good practice. This will include selecting material from trackside storage and following any special instructions, including checks contained in the build notes.
* You will complete paper work as required and upon completion advise the department head and provide any information relevant to the build.
* You will operate the company's systems and procedure and ensure that tools used are within calibration where appropriate.
* You must ensure non-conforming parts are correctly labelled and be vigilant during engine build so that product quality problems are identified.
* You will maintain the required levels of skills and knowledge on current products, equipment, systems and have the ability to gain knowledge of the new products, equipment and systems as required.
* You will assist with product painting and the installation and removal of products from test bays when requested.
* You will also perform 'finishing' operations on products prior to despatch when requested.
* You will be an experienced fitter
* You will have a desire to make a positive contribution to the company by maintaining and improving quality standards.
* After training you will be expected to work with minimum supervision and to high standards of cleanliness and quality.
* GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English.
* Experience of working in an engine assembly or similar environment using fitting skills, preferably in a company working to a recognised standard.
* Good fitting and assembly skills are essential.
* You will have a recognised engineering trade qualification.
* You will have a recognised apprenticeship or formal training record in an engine assembly environment or similar environment.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.