Sitec currently have a requirement for a Firmware Developer for our client based in Portsmouth, the client is a world leading Aerospace Defence and Space company. This is a contract position for an initial 6 months and has a pay rate of £40ph/r Ltd
A versatile experienced firmware engineer is required to join a studies group working on advanced programmes for satellites navigation systems.
The candidate must have customer facing abilities, as the position entails technical exchanges and meetings with the UK Space Agency, ESA, System Prime and Subcontractors.
The candidate must have experience of firmware development over the complete lifecycle from requirements capture, development, integration, testing and support. This job will include the definition, prototyping and evaluation of new applications within the GNSS domain.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES of Firmware Developer:
* Firmware Development
* Requirements analysis and functional decomposition.
* Technical analysis of system design
* Signal Processing
* Platform definition and evaluation
* Delivery of incremental systems design
* Performance budgeting
* Firmware Development including Vivado
* Firmware architecture (significant previous experience as a lead designer on a SDR development)
* Experience of the following: C, Matlab, Python, Linux
* Hardware platform specification including interfaces
* Requirements engineering
* Systems engineering
* Ability to be SC cleared and UK national
* Formal approach to documentation
* Experience of satellite systems and ground infrastructure including GPS
* Knowledge of Networking including Ethernet, USB
* Knowledge of test environments including RF test equipment
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.