Sitec has a requirement for a Financial Controller for our client based in Broughton, Cheshire. This is a contract role for an estimated 9 months with a pay rate of £24-27 p/hr LTD Company (dependent on experience).
The role of the Financial Controller has arisen within the Finance department.
The successful candidate will join Broughton site, and be responsible for controlling the team to ensure planning, control and steering of the Plant Logistics and Maintenance functions.
The Financial Controller will also manage targets, workload and workforce and to support discussions and decision making at Management level, and challenge and support the business in terms of financial and operational performance improvement.
The main tasks and responsibilities will include:
* Drive performance management and improvement
* Analyse quantitative and qualitative data on performance against budgets/targets highlighting discrepancies and risks and opportunities
* Propose/coordinate mitigation actions if needed to support discussions and decision making at Management level
* Control Programs and Operations actuals vs forecasts, corrective measures, hourly-rates
* Contribute to earned value management when required and contribute to cash planning (capex, inventory)
* Use financial processes and tools, basic legal and HR processes, and basic project management and technical knowledge in operational areas
* Ensure timely and meaningful planning and reporting
* Perform Inventory Accounting - Spares inventory management, support Logistics cycle counting process
* Manage targets set by programs (non-recurring and recurring cost) through convergence process
* Plan workload and workforce according to targets and function strategy, plan and steer resources accordingly together with Programme Planning
* Drive financials and workload planning/forecast process (synthesize plans and challenge contributions)
* This role will involve some travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
* Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in Finance or Controlling, or a related discipline
* ACMA professional affiliation preferred
* Proficient in MS Office applications
* Advanced user of MS Excel
* Basic SAP
* Experience of business partnering and direct functional support - working with businesses outside of the finance organisation
* Negotiation level English language skills, other languages would be a plus.
All candidates must be in a position to obtain UK security clearance to a minimum of BPSS level.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.