Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Finance Manager for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading (private organisation). The post is an estimated 12-15 month contract and are paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared to top secret level prior to appointment and due to the nature of the projects with this client, Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK for the last 10 years who hold a full British Passport. Unfortunately, dual nationals will not be considered for these positions.
Planning and delivery of financial activities within an F&BM Finance functional team: Financial Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis, Financial Compliance and Finance Systems.
Leadership and line management of assigned team.
* Manage and deliver all financial activities as assigned to time, cost and quality
* Line managing and task managing as appropriate in accordance with company policies, processes and guidelines in support of Finance Senior Managers
* Provide guidance to and drive performance of team
* Ensure a rigorous internal finance control and governance framework is in place and is complied with for relevant activities
* Enable identification and implementation of process improvement activities and other innovation activities
* Leadership accountabilities - First Level leader level
* Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player
* Leading the Accounts Receivable team of two, who are responsible for accurate and timely customer billing as well as collecting overdue receivables and the A.R. close at month end
* Completing the Commercial month end close process within strict deadlines, which includes appropriate revenue recognition, accruals and balance sheet reconciliations
* Acting as the Finance point of contact for the Commercial business, providing financial insight as well as supporting improvement initiatives regarding reporting and forecasting of revenue, cost and orderbook
* Supporting the ERP implementation
* Supporting the monthly Commercial Review
* Supporting the weekly cash flow forecast
* Facilitating Commercial project closures
* Operating within a strict internal controls framework and ensuring SOX compliance is maintained
* Supporting internal and external audits
* Line managing two direct report. Ensuring they have clear objectives and support
* Maintaining the integrity of financial processes and procedures for the financial ledgers
* Qualified accountant within ACA, ACCA, or CIMA is desirable, but part qualified with relevant month end close experience is acceptable
* Experience of operating within an internal control framework is essential (SOX is not essential, but is desirable)
* Strong organisational skills to manage processes and workload to high level of accuracy within tight timeframes
* Prepared to work as part of an integrated finance team who aim to add value to the business
Qualifications and / or Professional Memberships
* Degree in Business or Finance or equivalent - Desirable
* Good communication and team working
* Strong IT skills, in particular MS Excel
* Able to demonstrate an analytical mind including good attention to detail
* Effective Stakeholder management
* Process improvement
* Experience of using best practice financial management processes, tools and techniques - Essential
* Experience of developing effective stakeholder relationships - Essential
* Experience of dealing with business issues - Essential
* Experience in a business or finance leadership and / or line management role - Desirable
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.