Sitec has an exciting opportunity for a Buyer to work with our client, Caterpillar Perkins, on-site at Irlam, Manchester. This is a contract role with rates dependant on experience.
Major Role: - Buying / Procurement functions, as designated, to meet the defined response time, cost, quality targets enabling optimal and efficient operations in the Aftermarket department and resolving Aftermarket specific supplier issues. Act as liaison with other corresponding Category, Facility Supply and Logistics professionals.
Commercial discussions/negotiations with suppliers of non-current parts, for the Aftermarket against his / her suppliers and drive performance excellence in Quality, Cost, Logistics, through direct leverage with the supply base partnering.
Prime Requirements of the Role:
* Hardcore Commercial Purchasing Experience as a BUYER of relevant Engineering Components or Processes (Castings, Machining, Fabrications, Pipes, Hoses, Gaskets, Bearings, Filters, Engine components e.g. Turbochargers etc)
* Category Management experience highly relevant.
* Cost Reduction experience through Negotiation / understanding the principles of Design, is highly desirable.
* Education : either Degree and / or Apprentice Trained with HNC, CIPS, Extensive On the job training
- Excellent Management, People, Communication and Analytical Skills
- Understanding ONLY of Material Control / Supply Chain / Inventory Planning.
- Man management Skills not necessarily required (The successful candidate will NOT have any reports in this current role)
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.