Sitec has an outstanding opportunity for a 'Facility Supply Professional' to work with our client Caterpillar Logistics in Irlam, Manchester. This is a Contract role with an estimated duration until December 2018.
If you have experience of controlling the Quality, Cost, Logistics, and Development Management (QCLDM) of component suppliers and used to working in a fast paced manufacturing / aftermarket environment please apply for this exciting and challenging role.
You will manage supply network procurement related activities for IPSD Aftermarket to deliver procurement excellence and integration between Energy and Transportation (E & T) and IPSD Aftermarket.
- Demonstrate leadership in recognising the potential for cost and inventory reductions, and quality improvement; as well as responsibility for soundness of business proposals and risk assessment.
- Provides supply network solutions expertise, using Quality, Cost, Logistics, and Development Management (QCLDM) to deliver maximum value.
Job Related Statistics:
- Business Partner Impact: IPSD Aftermarket
- Category Difficulty: Moderately Complex
- Process Difficulty: Moderately Complex
- Number of shipments/receipts coming to facility: 20k+
- Duns Suppliers Managed: 75-125
- Number of Active part numbers: 4000+
- Customer Effect: IPSD Aftermarket
- Market Difficulty: Leverage or Acquisition
Major Role: - Accountable for operating and monitoring the Energy & Transportation procurement functions, as designed, to meet the defined response time, cost, quality targets enabling optimal and efficient facility operations, collaborating with IPSD Aftermarket and resolving Aftermarket specific supplier issues. Act as liaison with other corresponding Category, Facility Supply and Logistics professionals.
To serve as the primary contact between Caterpillar and the Aftermarket supply base including filling the functional seat for commercial discussions/negotiations with suppliers of non-current parts, for the Aftermarket against his / her suppliers and drives performance excellence in Quality, Cost, Logistics, Development, and Management (QCLDM) through direct leverage with the supply base partnering with other areas of the organisation
Leadership: - Provide leadership for strategic sourcing - qualified supply network, business continuity, supplier risk management - capacity & financial contract management, supplier commercial negotiations, cost/spend management. Demonstrate leadership in recognising the potential for cost and inventory reductions, and quality improvement; as well as responsibility for soundness of business proposals and risk assessment. Promote the highest level of professionalism and business ethics.
Strategy:- Fully understands the current performance of the supply network, evaluate strategic options, decide a course of action, and begin implementation. The incumbent should ideally have a strong knowledge of the product, NPI, Facility, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Category Strategies and be able to implement Cost Reduction Projects
Supplier Development: - Collaborate with Supplier Development Engineers, to ensure continuous improvement in QCLDM with key suppliers. Build and foster mutually beneficial supplier relationships at all organisational levels.
Travel: The position may require occasional travel.
Purchase Order Management - Provide expertise in the launching & management of purchase orders for a facility to in the terms of parts related to pilots, production, and supplier tooling ensuring terms are correct.
- Previous purchasing experience required
- Experience is preferred in purchasing, logistics, manufacturing, and/or engineering.
- The position requires a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent Qualifications / Experience. Up to 5 years job-related experience.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills are required in dealing with sensitive issues, developing others, and reaching consensus on specific actions.
- This individual normally possesses Category Team or Facility Supply Team experience. Is experienced in leading teams, suppliers and customers to effective solutions. Analytical, problem solving, and project leadership skill. Previous 6 Sigma Greenbelt/Black Belt experience preferred.
- Effective communicator, in written and oral form. Fluent in the English language is required.
- Extremely Strong Negotiator, able to interpret, analyse and negotiate contractual cost elements.
- Understanding of QCLDM.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.