Sitec has a requirement for a Facility Engineering Lead - Mechanical Handling for our client based in Plymouth. This is a contract role for an estimated 3 months.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE:
Main Purpose of Role
As Responsible Engineer for Mechanical Handling Systems; ensure systems are designed against a clear statement of compliance with defined Requirements, including demonstration that the design meets relevant Health Safety & Environmental and specified Nuclear Safety requirements.
* Lead and manage one or more technical design packages agreeing project related objectives, managing technical teams producing the designs and making appropriate technical management responses.
* Ensure that the design documentation covers the scope of operations required by the Project Manager and is produced to agreed standards, schedule and budget.
* Plan for effective project implementation, identifying key factors and leading the project's technical planning process.
* Ensuring effective Quality Management Arrangements operate and deliver through compliance with Babcock's Business Management System and Technical Manual.
* Ensure that the processes and activities being managed are appropriately documented with appropriate records maintained and configuration and quality controls applied.
* Ensure that staff and contractors are familiar with the hazards and risks associated with the work undertaken by the delegated engineering team through effective management and communication of the Risk Assessment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences The candidate should have experience in:
* Design of cranes in Nuclear Regulated environment with proven experience in substantiation thereof;
* Knowledge of lifting techniques, processes etc. applicable to a Nuclear Licensed production environment;
* Design of conventional mechanical handling equipment to support production activities within a graving dock facility, particular focus on materials handling and flow required.
* Control and protection systems (including SIL rated)
* Seismic analysis of mechanical handling systems
* Substantiation of high integrity mechanical handling systems
* A Degree in an appropriate engineering discipline.
* Chartered Engineer, registered with Engineering Council.
* Nuclear Introductory Course or equivalent nuclear and / or marine system knowledge.
Successful candidates will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements (this may include obtaining security clearance (SC) or developed vetting (DV) level of security clearances)
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.