Sitec has a requirement for a Facility Engineering Lead - Electrical for our client based in Plymouth. This is a contract role for an estimated 3 months.
Main Purpose of Role
As Responsible Engineer for Electrical Systems; ensure systems are designed against a clear statement of compliance with defined Requirements, including demonstration that the design meets relevant Health Safety & Environmental and specified Nuclear Safety requirements.
Reporting to the Facility Design Manager, duties will include:
* Lead and manage one or more technical design packages agreeing project related objectives, managing technical teams producing the designs and making appropriate technical management responses.
* Ensure that the design documentation covers the scope of operations required by the Project Manager and is produced to agreed standards, schedule and budget.
* Plan for effective project implementation, identifying key factors and leading the project's technical planning process.
* Ensuring effective Quality Management Arrangements operate and deliver through compliance with Babcock's Business Management System and Technical Manual.
* Ensure that the processes and activities being managed are appropriately documented with appropriate records maintained and configuration and quality controls applied.
* Ensure that staff and contractors are familiar with the hazards and risks associated with the work undertaken by the delegated engineering team through effective management and communication of the Risk Assessment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences The candidate should have experience in:
* Design of high and low voltage electrical distribution systems;
* Design of control & instrumentation systems;
* Design of communications and data systems;
* Design of electrical building services;
* Substantiation of SIL and high integrity systems for justification of Nuclear Safety functions.
* A Degree in an appropriate engineering discipline.
* Chartered Engineer, registered with Engineering Council.
* Nuclear Introductory Course or equivalent nuclear and / or marine system knowledge.
Successful candidates will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements (this may include obtaining security clearance (SC) or developed vetting (DV) level of security clearances)
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.