Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Facility Engineer for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The post is for an estimated 24 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment
Overall Job Purpose
Deliver professional engineering services to enable the Principal Asset Engineer in fulfilment of the strategy for the upkeep of all assets and equipment the Company needs in order to deliver the Programme.
Summary of Key Accountabilities
- Demonstration of safe, effective and ethical working behaviours
- Adherence to management system requirements for engineering activities
- Delivery of engineering tasks to schedule, budget and quality requirements
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Apply domain and technical knowledge for design intent, as-built standards and system performance through life for engineered systems and structures
- Interpret and deliver the requirements of issued tasks from the Asset Engineering Solutions order book (including troubleshooting, quoting, reporting, design, commissioning and handover as required), and make evidence based professional engineering decisions to solve technical problems within area of responsibility
- Identify and escalate business risk arising from condition of engineered systems and structures
- Demonstrate adherence to management system requirements and relevant technical standards
- Engage with company delivery and administrative requirements; report own and team progress honestly and clearly, communicate in an engaging manner, support performance management, Optimise the delivery of Operations Engineering
Key requirements and essential skills for the role would include: Significant experience of electrical engineering within a high hazard nuclear facility, understanding of safety case and PRS.
- Minimum of HNC electrical engineering with experience.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.