Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Facility Engineer for a private nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The post is for an initial 12 month and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Deliver professional engineering services to enable the Principal Asset Engineer in fulfilment of the strategy for the upkeep of all assets and equipment the company needs in order to deliver the Programme.
§ Demonstration of safe, effective and ethical working behaviours
§ Adherence to management system requirements for engineering activities
§ Delivery of engineering tasks to schedule, budget and quality requirements
§ Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
§ Apply domain and technical knowledge for design intent, as-built standards and system performance through life for engineered systems and structures
§ Interpret and deliver the requirements of issued tasks from the Asset Engineering Solutions order book (including troubleshooting, quoting, reporting, design, commissioning and handover as required), and make evidence based professional engineering decisions to solve technical problems within area of responsibility
§ Identify and escalate business risk arising from condition of engineered systems and structures
§ Demonstrate adherence to management system requirements and relevant technical standards
§ Engage with company delivery and administrative requirements; report own and team progress honestly and clearly, communicate in an engaging manner, support performance management,
§ Optimise the delivery of Operations Engineering
§ Responsible for undertaking other duties as reasonably required from time to time by line and task management
* Ability to deliver engineering across an equivalent manufacturing and/or research environment comprising a range of infrastructure facilities and associated manufacturing and/or research plant and equipment
* Solves complex problems using tested solutions
* Advises junior staff
* Delivery of facilities engineering and maintenance services across the life of an asset
* Working in a highly regulated environment (preferably nuclear and/or explosives)
* Nuclear Safety Case and Periodic Review of Safety
* Engineering Substantiation
* Engineering maintenance strategies, planning and management
* Outsourcing and technical contracts management
* Ideally a range of engineering disciplines between the three (C&I, Mechanical, Electrical, Civil/structural etc.)
* HNC/HND with suitable additional experience
* Incorporated Engineer equivalent
* Accredited Honours degree or suitable equivalent
Willing and able to obtain and maintain a high level of security clearance necessary for the role
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.