Sitec have an interesting role for a Facilities Engineer - Mechanical, in Plymouth, this is a Contract role based at our client's premises for a leading Naval Marine Engineering company with an estimated duration of 6 months +
This role is within the Marine Sector which delivers a wide array of complex through-life marine engineering services. Ranging from UK and international naval fleet support, commercial marine, engineering consultancy, weapons handling and equipment support delivered through unique owned and managed infrastructure to defence and civil customers across the globe.
Facilities Engineering Lead - Mechanical
Devonport, the largest Naval Dockyard in North West Europe which employs in the region of 5,500 people. This is one of the three operating bases in the United Kingdom for the Royal Navy. They supply naval base support functions for the Ministry of Defence delivering critical in-service support and deep maintenance for the UK's military estate.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Design of mechanical, nuclear process systems, industrial gas systems and mechanical building services;
- Seismic analysis for mechanical process equipment
- Substantiation of process equipment for justification of Nuclear Safety Functions.
- A Degree in an appropriate engineering discipline.
- Chartered Engineer, registered with Engineering Council.
- Nuclear Introductory Course or equivalent nuclear and / or marine system knowledge.
- As Responsible Engineer for Mechanical Systems; ensure systems are designed against a clear statement of compliance with defined Requirements, including demonstration that the design meets relevant Health Safety & Environmental and specified Nuclear Safety requirements.
- Lead and manage one or more technical design packages agreeing project related objectives, managing technical teams producing the designs and making appropriate technical management responses.
- Ensure that the design documentation covers the scope of operations required by the Project Manager and is produced to agreed standards, schedule and budget.
- Plan for effective project implementation, identifying key factors and leading the project's technical planning process.
- Ensuring effective Quality Management Arrangements operate and deliver through compliance with our client's Business Management System and Technical Manual.
- Ensure that the processes and activities being managed are appropriately documented with appropriate records maintained and configuration and quality controls applied.
- Ensure that staff and contractors are familiar with the hazards and risks associated with the work undertaken by the delegated engineering team through effective management and communication of the Risk Assessment.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.