Sitec has a requirement for a Facilities Design Manager for our client based in Plymouth. This is a contract role for an estimated 4 months.
The Facilities Design Manager will be accountable to the Design & Safety Manager for project delivery. The successful candidate will be professionally accountable to Strategic Infrastructure Head of Design or Head of Facilities TA for Development and Approval (iaw with our clients BMS) of site assets designs which can be constructed to cost, schedule and meet an agreed set of User, DA, Licensee and other Business Requirements.
Main Purpose of Role/ Responsibilities:
* Delivery of Facility Designs to cost, programme and quality
* Implement our clients Design Processes
* Contribute to development of Design Processes & Standards
* Design Requirements Management
* Support ONR & EA interface
* Work with other Design Managers, Chief Engineer function and Nuclear Facilities TA
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences
* Design Process Management
* Major design development leadership
* Design Nuclear Class 1 (or other high hazard) safety Substantiation
* Reactor Performance & Nuclear Safety
* Transverse technical skills
* Team Player
* Management Skills
* CEng Competencies
* STEM Degree
* Preferable a Chartered Engineer
Successful candidates will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements (this may include obtaining security clearance (SC) or developed vetting (DV) level of security clearances)
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.