Sitec Recruitment are currently recruiting for a prestigious FSTE 100 company who specialise in the Naval / Marine, Engineering and Support Services industry and are seeking several Marine Fabricators (Shipwrights) to be based at their Shipbuilding facility in Appledore North Devon on a contract basis for an estimated 3 Months initially.
We are currently looking for temporary Shipwright/Marine Fabricator to join our team at Babcock International Group, Appledore in North Devon for a 3 month period.
Qualifications & Requirements
The candidate will have: -
* Served a recognised apprenticeship as a shipwright or marine fabricator with experience in a shipbuilding or ship repair environment
* Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
* Experience in marking out, prefabrication and construction of major marine assemblies in various materials up to 50mm thick steel
* Good communication skills and able to work in a team and on own initiative
* A good basic knowledge of Health & Safety awareness
* Must be flexible across all trades, willing to work in other areas if and when required.
Please note that candidates will need to have a good fitness level to meet with the demands of this particular role and therefore will be required to attend a medical appointment if selected.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business.