Sitec Currently have an opportunity for a F&DT Engineer to join our client based in Broughton. This is a contract position for an initial 3 months and has a pay rate of £35 p/hr Ltd.
The Plant Engineering Teams primary function is to provide reactive and proactive design support to the Plant and to enable Wings to be delivered to the FALs.
A large part of the reactive / proactive manufacturing support resides within the Non Conformance Team. The team interfaces across all areas of the Single Aisle wing manufacturing and support functions for the fully equipped wing ensuring full E2E engagement with the industrial system. The team has strong technical knowledge in design to also facilitate the robust delivery of design modifications.
What you will be doing
You will be required to actively participate in design modifications, project work and provide recommendations to achieve challenging goals. You will need to facilitate meetings, take accountability for planning and using your professional experience to influence and advise stakeholders to ensure the most robust technical decisions are made.
You will be accountable to:
- Carry out static stress calculations to assess design solutions for a range of tasks ranging from modifications to manufacturing concessions against the Aircraft Design requirements.
- Ensure fatigue and damage tolerance requirements are met.
- Liaise with other functions and projects to ensure stress requirements are fully integrated.
- Progress technical capability to achieve NC approval via a logbook process.
- Report critical technical issues up through functional management.
- Provide technical mentoring to the less experienced members of the direct and wider team.
- In addition to the above day to day deliverables you will be expected to support the team future development
The following attributes are requested for the role:
- Experience working as an aircraft stress engineer involved in the analysis of airframe structures using a broad range of standard hand and computer methods.
- In addition, an understanding of the fundamental of analysis for static stress, fatigue and crack growth and also have an ability to assess complex structural analysis problems.
- A good understanding of FE analysis including building sometimes complex models and correctly interrogating the results using post processing where needed to determine the optimum design solution
- The ability to rapidly and confidently assess structural problems under pressure and to provide the appropriate direction and guidance to team members.
- A good understanding of aircraft production methods and processes, especially if gained through involvement in MRB or similar manufacturing support activities.
- The ability to ensure that solutions are technically integrated across the whole project.
- Chartered Engineer / Aeronautical Engineering Degree or equivalent.
- Intend to achieve Signatory level within 3 months of commencing position.
- Broad range of standard hand and computer stress analysis tools.
- Good communication skills and a pro-active approach to problem solving.
Candidates must also be fully conversant with:
- Airbus harmonised approach
- Hypermesh / Hyperview
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.