Sitec has a requirement for an F & D T Engineer - Repairs, based in Filton, Bristol. This is a contract role for an initial 6 months and the max rate of pay will be up to £36.00 p/hr LTD Company.
JOB DESCRIPTION OF THE F & D T Engineer - Repairs:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Repair F&DT Engineer role within Wing Major Repair's team (ESEWM). This position offers great variety in terms of both aircraft programmes and aircraft structures
The Wing In-Service Repair department provides engineering support to our clients operators, handling wing structural repairs, where the repair required exceeds those limits stated in the Structural Repair Manual. In addition to responding to In-Service queries, ESEW has a responsibility to proactively develop repair solutions in response to potential damages to the critical Wing structures/components.
The successful candidate will be required to support the lead F&DT engineer in various repair activities. Technically the job involves investigating and analysing both simple and complex damages and producing fatigue and damage tolerance justifications for generic and bespoke repair solutions for both legacy and new In-Service programs across all outer-wing structure.
TASKS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
The core responsibilities will be the following:
- Perform relevant F&DT analysis, justification activities, technical report writing and producing relevant repair paper work.
- Ensure all repair solutions satisfy customer requirements and repair processes, support this by ensuring delivery of high quality F&DT justifications to time, cost and quality requirements.
- Liaise with the Lead and Senior F&DT Engineers in order to seek agreement on any necessary adaptations or deviations to the existing F&DT methods, assumptions, data and procedures
- Work to a correct interpretation of the Statement of Work ensuring engineering activities meet customer services and/or programmes requirements.
- In conjunction with the Lead Design and Lead Static Stress and as a member of an integrated engineering team, ensure that the quality and timeliness of the work delivered is to a high standard.
Successful candidate is expected to demonstrate the following skills and competencies:
- Aeronautical Degree or equivalent relevant experience in an Aerospace engineering environment.
- At least 5 years of Experience in Fatigue and Damage Tolerance Analysis of aircraft structures using a broad range of standard hand, legacy and harmonised methods.
- Ability to work in a team of F&DT engineers with guidance from the Lead F&DT Engineer
- Understanding of the companies Fatigue and Damage Tolerance analysis methods and F&DT Tools including ISAMI.
- Ability to liaise and with the teams across the department including Design and Stress.
- Be conversant with the Repair Processes is an advantage but not mandatory
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and respond to short term tasks by prioritising workload.
- Experience of F&DT Approval checking
Candidates should have a background to enable a clearance to BPSS level
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.