Sitec has a requirement for an Export Verification Specialist for our client based in Peterborough. This is a contract position for an estimated 6 months, the max rate of pay will be up to £15.50 PAYE.
As an Export Verification Specialist, you will be validating and approving export and import freight invoices covering material being imported to our clients Peterborough site from their worldwide supplier base in line with pre-defined Sarbanes Oxley rules.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Review incoming freight invoices for inbound and outbound material.
* Validate service has been incurred by checking internal databases to prove material has been received or shipped from site.
* Check Proof of Delivery has been supplied if required.
* Checking pre-agreed rate cards to ensure invoice matches.
* Identifying non-standard transport and checking Special Transport Form for agreed rate.
* Adherence to local departmental metrics on invoice grief resolution.
* Producing weekly reports to summarise grief levels and ageing.
* Supporting Month-end Accrual Process.
* Querying discrepant invoices with carriers
* Investigating unapproved invoices by engaging with key business contacts to understand material lane and drive resolution / payment
* Raise manual payment requests where required
* Act as a champion for compliance at all times.
* Work with key stakeholders to ensure they understand the end to end transport process and drive process discipline.
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
* Numerate and PC literate
* Knowledge and understanding of Incoterms
* Experience of Export and Import Processes
* Microsoft Excel knowledge to Intermediate Level
* Able to work with both speed and accuracy
* Able to display tenacity when trying to resolve queries
* Ability to build relationships with key internal and external process partners
* Experience of working with ERP/MRP systems.
* Experience of working with International Freight and carriers.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.