Sitec has a requirement for an Events, PR and Protocol Manager. This role is for maternity cover, for a contract length of 9 months.
The role will be based in Stevenage and the max rate of pay is up to £30.00 p/hr LTD Company.
* To assist in promoting the company, the brand, products and capabilities - to customers and the UK aerospace business community
* To project manage and deliver high profile events and visits to enable the company to engage with customers, influencers and business critical stakeholders
* Assist with media relations events across the UK
* Assist with local sponsorship and branding activities as necessary
MORE DETAILED ACTIVITIES/ DUTIES - EVENTS, PR AND PROTOCOL MANAGER
* Plan, organise and manage corporate hospitality events/VIP visits in the UK (nominally Defence and Space, but all of Airbus as required). Including selecting venues, invitation management, guest/staff registration, liaising with suppliers, caterers, transport etc. to ensure the smooth delivery of the event
* Engage with Senior Management and their offices for all hospitality and VIP visit requirements
* Support and arrange VIP, media, industry and community visits when required
* Support high profile PR activities in the Space domain to raise the profile of the UK space industry and the company's position in this industry.
* Focal point for local DS UK sponsorship at Stevenage and Portsmouth sites only
* Support to the UK DS Communications Director as required
* Focal point for site rebranding at Stevenage and Portsmouth only
* Support launch events and local site activities
Qualifications and experience required for the job
* Excellent English language skills (oral and written)
* 5+ years of experience in organising and managing corporate hospitality events
* Knowledge of organising VIP visits
* All round knowledge of office procedures, PC literate in Word, Excel and Aventri (training can be provided in Aventri). Outlook experience required
* Good understanding of budget control and procurement process
* Good understanding of compliance regulations and processes
* Good working relationship with senior management and business areas (particularly Defence and Space UK) to understand and satisfy their hospitality requirements
* Close cooperation with Stevenage and Portsmouth site management and services for visits, media events, etc.
* Close working relationship with UK Communications and Marketing teams across Airbus to ensure consistent communication, visibility and best practice sharing
* Regular communication with VIP customers/contacts
* Good working relationship with suppliers for events, venues, catering etc.
* Specific Requirements
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to work on own initiative
* Excellent organisational skills, ability to pre plan and manage large scale and high profile events
* Good working knowledge of the company and industry contacts
* Ability to work with people from all levels, from local contractors to Ministers and VIPs
* Ability to work with online event management system
The successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a DBS certificate prior to commencement of the contract
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.