Sitec currently have a requirement for an Environmental Test Operator. This is a contract position for an initial 6 months with extension likely. The pay rate for this role is £24p/hr Ltd + Shift uplift.
A challenging role undertaking a full range of technical/engineering activities within the environmental test facility, where the primary role is to configure, instrument and undertake test operations on space equipment using specialist Thermal Vacuum and Climatic testing facilities to meet customer quality test standards and requirements.
Job Profile of Environmental Test Operator
* Use of facilities to achieve test specification requirements.
* Instrumentation and installation of flight hardware into test facility
* Support rotational shift pattern for in test operations which requires high levels of PC and control software.
* Review and analysis of post test data with support from the EVT senior engineers.
* Compiling of test data, producing test certification and reports.
* Maintain test instrumentation, facilities and equipment.
* Ensure the adherence to 5S cleanroom disciplines and practices.
* Ensuring a safe working environment.
* Support internal and external audits.
* Responsible for delivering On Time, On Cost and On Quality.
* Experience in a bespoke test and manufacturing environment within the electrical/ mechanical industries under high quality control.
* Knowledge of the electrical / mechanical testing of high value high precision assemblies.
* Understanding and practical application of Health & Safety regulations
* Computer Literacy - especially in Microsoft office software.
* Engineering/technical knowledge - the ability to understand and use both mechanical and electrical formulae (resistances, currents, power values).
* Understanding of technical documents (drawings, procedures, technical notes)
* Understand general engineering/technical practices utilised in the Aerospace industry.
* Be prepared to be flexible in working hours, the test lab covers 24hours a day so ability to cover varying shifts is essential.
* Self-motivated and able to learn quickly through on-the-job experience.
* Understanding of Space environmental conditions would be an advantage.
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
* Knowledge of Vacuum & Climatic test techniques/systems
* Knowledge of Test & Measurement Instrumentation methods.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.