Sitec has an exciting opportunity for an Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist for our client Perkins Engines in Peterborough. This is a permanent role and the salary is between £43,100.00 to £53,000.00 (dependent on experience).
Salary Range: £43,100 to £53,000 (Depending on Experience)
Benefits: 12% Bonus
25 Days annual leave
Child Care Vouchers
* Flexibility may be considered*
As an Environmental, Health and/or Safety Professional, you will serve as an experienced, individual contributor on Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) projects and assignments that are complex in nature and that support and enhance Caterpillar facility performance and compliance.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Identify applicable EHS regulations and evaluates impact to the facility
* Liaise regularly with Global and local teams
* Commonise technical EHS solutions across global teams
* Perform inspections and tests to verify compliance.
* Identify existing and potential EHS problems.
* Participate in developing corrective measures.
* Develop procedures to assure continuing compliance with regulations and organization standards.
* Develop management systems for EHS functions
* Perform EHS audits
* Develop EHS training programs
* Complete reports for submission to EPA or OSHA
* Monitor EHS performance and recommends priorities and actions for improvement.
* Review new products, equipment, and processes for potential risks and recommends modifications before introduction.
* Collaborate with employees and supervisors to identify and mitigate EHS risks.
* Develop standards and work practices with line personnel and monitors conformance through EHS inspections.
* Ensure compliance with organisation and government EHS standards.
* NEBOSH Diploma - Occ Safety and Health
* Ability to communicate effectively
* Strong analytical skills
* Strong technical leadership skills
* Degree in an appropriate scientific discipline (consideration will be given to equivalent environmental/health/safety experience)
* Ability to perform complex assignments
Closing date : Role closes 04/07/2017
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.