Sitec are urgently recruiting for an Engineering Technician to work at our client's site in Hamilton, Scotland for an estimated 9-12 month contract.
Overall Purpose of the Engineering Technician Role:
Implement the Design Manager's policy for the provision of a comprehensive, professional and cost effective engineering and drawing service on a wide variety of civil engineering projects to ensure successful delivery to Clients.
Engineering Technician Key Responsibilities:
- Prepare drawings within allocated resources and on time as advised by designers.
- Develop and carry out drawing check processes to ensure accurate interpretation of designer's requirements prior to issuing check prints to designers.
- Implement the Design Manager's policy for the provision of a comprehensive, professional and cost effective engineering and drawing service on a wide variety of civil engineering projects to ensure successful delivery to Clients
- Under supervision, carry out designs and design checks for Engineering schemes, gaining experience of the requirements of current British & European Standards, Codes of Practice, Railway Group Standards and procedures as required.
- Assist in the preparation of technical reports and feasibility reports.
- Liaise with Clients and other outside parties as required.
- Assist the CAD Manager and Senior staff in the development of the CAD section by promoting new ideas, advising on CAD add-ons and maintaining up to date in house systems
- Assist senior staff with the development of Quality procedures to ensure that the Division can achieve and maintain ISO 9002 registration.
- In conjunction with the CAD Manager develop system with CAD technicians to provide uniform methods of drawing storage and archiving.
- Responsible for reprographic copies or drawing prints as instructed by designers and folding copy prints as required by designers.
- Detail reinforcement and prepare schedules to industry standards and cross check work of CAD Technicians.
- Must be attentive to maintaining accurate drawing updates prior to issuing to designer for checking
- Responsible for maintaining a shared system with other CAD technicians to ensure adequate supplies of drawing production materials are available at all times
- Assist as required on other tasks as requested by designers within Engineering Projects.
- Carry out surveys, site monitoring and undertake safety supervision roles as required.
- Should be self-motivated and possess ability to work under own initiative to assist in achievement of project objectives.
- Good presentation, communication, interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate including hands-on and in-depth experience of computer-aided draughting packages.
- Full driving licence or willing to learn.
Qualifications & Experience for Engineering Technician Role:
- Minimum O.N.C. in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualification.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years practical CAD experience of detailing reinforced concrete and structural steelwork related to general civil engineering works or building structures
- Computer literate particularly in the use of CAD facilities.
- Must be capable of efficiently operating the current version of AutoCAD is desirable to be capable of operating Microstation version 8, 2004.
- Capable in the use of survey equipment and should have an understanding of up to date survey techniques and be prepared to learn these.
- Good working knowledge of current British & European Standards appropriate to drawing practices.
- Have an appreciation of other current British Standards, Codes of Practice,
- Railway Group and Line Standards and other statutory documents. Experience of Civil 3D, AutoCad / AutoDesk 2016
- May be required to work away from home.
- Main Location is Hamilton in Scotland
The successful candidate will be required to pass a PTS Medical and Drug & Alcohol screening
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.