Sitec are currently looking to recruit an Engineering Specialist (Mechanical) for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The post is for an estimated 12 month contract initially and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
- Assist in the examination of the Engineering Requirements and advise the Engineering Manager of any conclusions.
- Assist in the identifying the options, select that appropriate solution and provide the right facility design solutions such that they: meet business needs (functional performance), through life performance; are licensable and are deliverable, for an allocated packages.
- Assist in maintaining the Design Intent and Design Information Configuration from facility design inception through to project handover to the operational phase.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and is a great team player.
- Management of small work packages
- Co-ordination with stakeholders including Technical Authorities, external suppliers and project staff.
Solving simple Mechanical problems through design of solutions following the Companies design process e.g.
- Mechanical Handling/Lifting Solutions
- Simple Test Rigs
- Bespoke Transport Solutions
Solving Simple Process problems through design of solutions following the Companies design process e.g.
- New piping designs to suit access/construction requirements
- Specification of piping designs to fulfil operational requirements based on pressures and flow rates
- Calculation of system leak rates and subsequent re-design if necessary to meet current legislation
- Co-ordination with onsite "Hands-On" resource to solve issues handed to engineering via Technical Queries and Commissioning Reservations
- Degree or Equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or similar required.
- Chartered Engineer Preferable.
Willing and able to obtain and maintain the appropriate level of security clearance necessary for the role
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.