Sitec are currently looking to recruit an Engineering Manager for a private nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The post is for an initial 12 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
- Examine that the facility design drivers (Requirements) are suitable and appropriate, and advise the PEM as such
- Identify options, select that appropriate solution and provide the right facility design solutions such that they: meet business needs (functional performance), through life performance; are licensable and are deliverable, for an allocated packages.
- Maintain the Design Intent and Design Information Configuration from facility design inception through to project handover to the operational phase.
- Provide the optimum facility design solution.
- Proportionately deliver integrated facility designs with supporting safety cases.
- Assess the suitability of the facility design for the next phase of the lifecycle
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
- Be the engineering design intelligent customer within the Company, from both the review of project design drivers (e.g.: business requirements, capability needs of the programme and agreed service schedules; safety drivers; design codes) and as intelligent customer of externally sourced facility designs.
- Recommend the budget and programme, to the PERM, to deliver design.
- Assess the suitability of engineering design resources (both internal and external to the company) to execute facility design. Ensure the checking and recording the competence of designers.
- Lead, drive, communicate and be accountable for the delivery of allocated packages regarding: quality, cost effective and lifetime value for money facility designs.
- Compile the instruction defining the expectations regarding the design scope and deliverables.
- Maintain oversight of the facility design as it develops, via e.g. routine reviews.
- Deliver, to the PEM, design solutions that meets business needs (functional performance), through life performance; is licensable and is deliverable.
- Manage the Design Intent and Design Information Configuration from inception through to project handover to the operational phase.
- Assist the Head of Design Engineering in developing the Facility Design capability within the company, encompassing both Improvements and Resource skills development.
Willing and able to obtain and maintain the security clearance required for the role
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.