Sitec has an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Inspector - Goods Inwards for our client Perkins Engines in Shrewsbury. This is a permanent role.
Salary: £24,240.00 p/a
Benefits: 25 Days Annual Leave
Child Care Vouchers
Relocation: Not support with this role
A position has become available for an Engineering Inspector - Goods Inwards within the Inspection Department at Shrewsbury.
To inspect precision engineering components, achieving quality and on time delivery to customer specifications.
The main responsibilities of this position include (but are not limited to):
* First, patrol and final inspection of a wide range of complex parts
* Inspection of engine and gear box componentry & sub-assemblies via traditional "table top" methods to technical drawings and CAD models
* Program and run Co-ordinate Measuring Machines (Wenzel) - CNC / Manual using Quartis software.
* Use FARO Arm/Scanner Gauge using Aberlink , Cam2 software
* Responsible for NDT crack detection methods
* Reporting of defects through various systems (MFG Pro-QAD / QSI / Lotus notes / Microsoft Office. On the job training will be given on internal processes & procedures & software).
* Movement of parts (physically and electronically; to / from inspection / stores)
* As applicable support development & training in the use of the above for others ie Apprentices
* Proven experience of inspecting complex tightly tolerance components/assemblies parts through both traditional table top and CMM/FARO arm methods
* Previous practical experience within an inspection role
* Ability to write reports - ISIR's / technical
* Ability to read technical drawings and interpret CAD models
* Self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative
* Someone who wants to drive change & Status Quo
* Must be able to resolve issues and escalate major issues as necessary
* Must be able to prioritise daily tasks effectively to ensure all customer requirements are met.
* Good communication skills both written & verbal
* Previous experience of inspecting engine and gear box parts using CMM's (Bridge or Articulated arm
* Time served Apprenticeship in relevant field
Please note, this role will close for submissions 29/08/2017
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.