Sitec has a requirement for a 'Senior Engineer-Whole Boat & Technical Documentation (WB & TD)' based at our client's offices in Keynsham near Bristol. This is a contract/temporary role with an estimated duration of 6 months plus and the succesful candidates will be engaged on projects for In-Service Submarines.
The primary purpose of the post is to conduct and deliver tasks associated with the review and update of Technical Documentation in accordance with the Maritime Delivery Framework Annual Plan.
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities:
To support Whole Boat areas of Engineering Programme Management activity as identified by the Team Leader, including investigation of technical tasks and design change development.
- To undertake ISM Technical Document Update and Revalidation in relation to specific documentation assigned.
- To support the development of a programme of work necessary to accomplish the update of Technical Documentation, and agree with the sponsor.
- To establish the scope of work and specify update requirement by coordinating documentation review by appropriate authorities including sub-contractors, OEM, Repair Authority, Equipment Authorities and Design Authorities.
- To support the Team Leader to set up suitable contracting arrangements with sub-contractors, OEMs (and others as necessary) to determine detailed update requirements
- To manage the outputs of subcontractors to ensure that tasks that are contracted out are completed to the required quality, programme and cost.
- To coordinate a comprehensive and cohesive set of update requirements for sponsor approval.
- To arrange, chair and attend meetings as necessary to facilitate update of assigned documentation.
- To coordinate with the appropriate MoD Documentation Management Agency to facilitate update of documentation.
- To maintain appropriate records in assigned areas of work including project files and the Management information System (MIS) when required by the tasks.
- To adhere to and apply relevant policy, procedure and quality requirements.
To support other Technical Documentation Update activities as directed by the Team Leader.
- Provision of technical support on Technical Documentation review and documentation aspects to other departments of Engineering Services.
- Utilise Project Management best practice in delivery of WB&TD Outputs as defined by the Maritime Support Delivery Framework (MSDF) Annual Plan.
- Take ownership of allocated tasks and manage completion within associated timescales.
Promote the development of good working relationships and communications with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide regular and adequate communication with the Team Leader - WB&TD to report Scheduled and Continuous task progress, performance, Risks and Issues.
- Supervision of resource allocated to tasks which the post holder is responsible.
- Maintain awareness of new and emerging documentation practices and initiatives.
Continually assess the effectiveness of the documentation review processes and feedback suggestions to the Team Leader - WB&TD.
In delivering these functions the post holder is to ensure that:
- They take all reasonable steps to protect the safety of assigned staff, to identify any hazards that they may experience as a result of carrying out the duties of the post and to keep those hazards at an ALARP and tolerable level.
- Where required, they liaise with Dockyards, Naval Bases, Training Establishment, Ships Staff, Build Contractors, Design Authorities, MoD Project Officers and (where approved) their industry partners for specific activities to satisfy the requirements of the Annual Plan.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
The post holder is to hold a minimum of:
- Foundation Degree in a relevant Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline; or
- Qualified to HND / BTEC Level 5 in a relevant STEM discipline may be acceptable augmented by significant experience in a relevant engineering field.
The post holder must have:
- Experience of Royal Navy submarines from a design, maintenance or operational perspective.
- Experience in the creation or update of Technical Documentation.
- Be proficient in the use of appropriate Project Management & IT tools (especially MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, and MS Visio).
- Professional registration with an appropriate Engineering Institute or a working plan in place demonstrating how this will be achieved.
Candidates must have a background that will allow UK Security Clearance to be obtained
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.