Sitec have an exciting opportunity for an Engineer_ Design and Validation for our client Caterpillar at Wolverhampton. This is a contract position estimated duration is 12 months with an hourly rate from £30 to £35 per hour Ltd Company, dependant on experience.
Caterpillar Wolverhampton is a market leader in the design, development, manufacture, sales and support of off-highway transmissions (50 kW / 67 hp to 135 kW / 180 hp) for Backhoe Loaders, Telescopic Material Handlers, Wheel Loaders and 4-9 tonne Site Dumpers, and a supplier of components to other transmission manufacturers
Small Drive Train Team, Caterpillar Wolverhampton.
The Small Drive Train (SDT) team has engineering responsibility for all for ITDD small transmissions. To support the need to improve our responsiveness to OEM customers, accelerate our cost reduction projects and develop robust solutions to current product design field issues, we require an experienced drive train engineer/lead engineer.
This is not purely a design / modelling role, the successful candidate will play a key part in the design, development, integration and validation of transmission design solutions to address known field issues and support production line quality and velocity. Reporting directly to the engineering supervisor the individual will be required to manage the resolution of multiple issues. Technical design, development and test experience is required, and transmissions and/or drive-train component and system design is preferred along with project management. The successful candidate will be expected to work within a team of engineers providing technical leadership. The role will include release and implementation of drawings through the appropriate engineering systems. Pro/Engineer (Creo) experience required with 3-5 years of drive train or driveline systems (rotating components) design experience.
* Mechanical Engineering Degree or comparable expertise through experience.
* Pro Engineering competence.
* Experience of driveline/engine development, design, installation & validation.
* Ability to self-direct but also work effectively in a diverse team environment.
* Ability to manage multiple complex projects.
* Proven mechanical engineering competence, either in the field of root cause analysis or component/system level validation.
* Off-highway machine experience.
* Knowledge of the engineering to release processes.
* Certified 6Sigma Green Belt.
* Creo experience.
* New product introduction knowledge.
Cost management / cost reduction experience would be advantageous
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.