Sitec are seeking an Engine Systems Technical Specialist for a Permanent Staff position with our client Perkins Engines. Multiple roles within this team are available.
Perkins Engines a subsidiary of Caterpillar is a major manufacturer of heavy duty off-highway diesel engines for the construction, industrial and power generation sectors. They have a number of exciting opportunities relating to the development of new market leading engine technology. Engine emissions regulation, continually increasing expectations for engine performance, opportunities to integrate engine and machine systems all drive the need for continuous development of innovative new technologies.
They are looking for experienced lead Engineers aspiring to directly influence these future technologies, have the opportunity to play a critical role within a world class engineering organisation as well as further broaden existing individual engineering competency into new areas.
They have some exciting new roles within the Performance Systems team which is a growing team with an exciting opportunity to develop the next generation of their world class engines for a wide variety of machine applications. This is a dynamic exciting team which develops all aspects of real world engine performance from conceptual design to troubleshooting production issues.
Are you an experienced technical specialist with a deep level technical capability and the passion for technical delivery, supporting and growing competency within their team, and leading a committed group of engineers on key projects? If so we have an exciting opportunity for you.
You will need to have significant technical expertise in several of the following areas and strive to broaden and develop across our other areas of focus:
1. Diesel engine core performance and emissions
2. Diesel engine aftertreatment specification and performance
3. Product validation planning and execution
4. Product controls software development
5. Product technical issue root cause and resolution, including 6Sigma
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Acting as either a Subject Matter Expert (SME) or Technical Project Lead (TPL) for one of our new engine development programs within the team to ultimately deliver an off-highway diesel engine performance that exceeds customer expectations
* Data analysis and engine performance predictions and problem solving
* Deep communication with engineering and product groups across the business
* Engine simulation and performance modelling, including mathematical modelling of complicated physical problems
* Bachelors or Master's degree in Engineering
* Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal instruction, determine their own work packages and provide technical support, work package break-down and instruction to others
* Detailed and significant knowledge of internal combustion engines
* Ability to communicate technical information effectively at all levels of the business, particularly Platform Managers
* Experience of Matlab and Simulink
* Experience of complex Electronics and Controls system concept generation including drafting block diagram controls for simulation assessment
* Extensive understanding of control algorithms and logic
* Experience of modelling complex systems, and the use of simulation tools to make confident predictions
* Knowledge of heavy duty machine applications
* 6 sigma experience (Black belt preferable, Green Belt minimum)
* Product validation (FMEA, DVP&R, Data analysis)
* Product sign-off and report documentation
* Extensive knowledge mathematics, data analysis, numerical modelling and statistics
* Experience of design of experiments, optimisation techniques and Robust engineering methods
The Salary and Benefits for this role include:
Job Title: Engine Systems Technical Specialist
Salary: £48,00 - £58,000
Hours: Full Time: 37.00 hours
Benefits: 18% Annual bonus
Car allowance of £6960 per year
25 Days Annual Leave
Contributory Pension Scheme (Company matching up to 10%).
Company Share Purchase Scheme (Company Contribution 50%).
Child Care Vouchers
** Flexible Working will be considered **
(Relocation/ Sponsorship: Not available with this role)
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.