Sitec has a requirement for an Engine Systems Design Engineer for our client Caterpillar. This is a temporary role for an estimated 12 months and will be based in Desford, Leicestershire. The rate will be to a Maximum of £33.50 per hour Ltd Company D.O.E.
Role Purpose and Overview:
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been building the world's infrastructure and, in partnership with our network of Cat® dealers worldwide, has helped drive positive and sustainable change on every continent. We are a global company, with hundreds of locations worldwide to serve and support our customer base, and respond quickly to their needs. Building Construction Products at Leicester is dedicated to the assembly of small construction machines, typically used on building and construction sites - Backhoe Loaders, Mini Hydraulic Excavators and Compact Wheel Loaders.
The Engine Systems team operates within the BCP Systems Organization; supporting BCP products on a global basis. The team is responsible for the selection and specification of the engine, cooling group, filter group, mounting group, exhaust and after treatment systems, and other groups that support the engine/installation in BCP products.
This position is for a contract design engineer to work within the Engine Systems Team on the development of new engine installations and on current production improvements for the Compact Wheel Loader and Back Hoe Loaders produced in Leicester.
The successful candidate will be responsible for design and releasing of engine installation components using the BCP design process. Working with a lead engineer based in Leicester and a global team based in the UK, US and Japan, he/she will be accountable for creating concept designs, detailing and releasing components through Pro Engineer/Creo and Teamcentre UA.
Key areas of responsibility include:
* Concept development
* Component Selection (e.g. Cooling Package, Induction, Exhaust etc.)
* Detailed print creation to Caterpillar specifications.
* Releasing of prints/groups through Teamcentre UA.
* Manage and drive Change Notices
* Participate in Design Reviews, FMEA and CPPD Reviews
* Participate in supplier interactions in a CPPD environment
Qualifications and Experience
* ProE/Creo proficient.
* Knowledge of the design and releasing process
* Knowledge of engine installation requirements, preferably with previous experience in the area.
* Strong focus on product cost
* Engineering Degree qualification or HND with experience
* Knowledge of the CWL and or BHL products, competitors and customers
* Experience in machine testing and development
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.