Sitec has a requirement for an Engine Electronic Systems Engineer for our client Caterpillar, based in Peterborough.
This is a contract role for an estimated 12 months and the max rate of pay is up to £33.00 p/hr LTD Company.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
Caterpillar's legacy of industry leadership dates back to 1925. We have a global footprint with product in more than 180 countries. Caterpillar is a Fortune 100 company and one of the 30 companies on the Dow Jones Industrial Average. We are among Interbrand's Top 100 Global Brands and recognized as one of Barron's World's Most Respected Companies. More than 300 products make up the most diverse product line in the industry.
Our clients parent Innovation & Technology Development Division (ITDD) offers some of the most exciting engineering roles within the Caterpillar global organisation.
The integration of the latest Electronics and Electrical technology helps differentiate Caterpillar products from its competitors by enabling exceptional performance and value to the customer. Our engine systems control air and fuel delivery with millisecond precision to maximise performance and minimise exhaust emissions. Our integrated machine systems control all aspects of construction machine operation (engine, transmission, hydraulic systems), provide the human-machine interface (operator controls and information displays), and constantly monitor and communicate position, operation, diagnostic and prognostic information to enable machine automation, improved productivity and enhanced serviceability.
The European Division of Advanced Components & Technologies (AC&T) designs and develops electrical and electronic control systems for Caterpillar engine and machine prime products developed and produced in Europe.
The Engine Systems Team is part of the (AC&T) European Division and is responsible for development and implementation of electrical and electronic control systems for diesel engines developed by Caterpillar in the UK.
The Engine Electronic Systems Engineer will be working on a several projects to develop systems that meet both regulatory and customer requirements.
This role is the primary technical support for the Electronic system. It entails proactively working with other Electronics team members and with development partners to:
* Provide technical support to queries related to pinouts, schematic questions, software functionality support
* Investigate /Analyse / troubleshoot any reported quality issues.
* Raise and propose changes or improvements to components/system or processes.
* Create or modify software flashfiles based on approved requests and guidance from the Technical Lead. No software coding experience is necessary as this is a configuration task.
* Maintain & improve on software validation test plans.
* Review and support technical publications, ensuring that systems' technical contents are relevant and correct.
* Create and maintain system architecture diagrams and schematics.
* Participate in, or lead, the definition of the system architecture, and of the selection of Electronic components.
* Participate in, and maintain, the FMEA and validation
'Must Have' key skills and competencies for this role
* Degree-qualified engineer with experience in the broad range of systems engineering activities involved in the development of Electronic Engine, machine or automotive control systems.
* Demonstrated experience of:
- Actively collecting and developing customer requirements
- Documenting technical specifications
- Defining electronic features and coordinating the development of them.
- Completion of initial verification testing of features
- Participation in FMEA development
* Good Electrical and Electronic knowledge with 'fault finding' capability
* Very good teaming and communication skills
* Good initiative, self-starter
* Ability to build strong working relationships, locally and within a Global team
* Provide focus on the customer and their needs
* Ability to initiate and take independent action
'Desirable' key skills and competencies for this role
* Off-highway Electronic control system development experience (or comparable experience with automotive, marine or military vehicle control systems)
* Requirements management (DOORS, Teamcenter etc.)
* Vector CANape and CANalyzer experience
* FMEA facilitator or Team Lead experience
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.