Sitec has a requirement for an Emissions Regulatory Conformance Engineer for our client Perkins Engines. This is a contract role for an estimated 6 months and will be based in Peterborough.
Perkins Engines - a subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc. - is primarily a diesel engine manufacturer for several markets including Agricultural, Construction, Material Handling, Power Generation and Industrial.
ROLE PURPOSE AND OVERVIEW:
The UK based Emissions Regulations & Conformance (ERC) Team are part of the wider Caterpillar ERC organisation and are responsible for i) engine emissions certification to global engine exhaust emissions standards and ii) in-production product conformance for all product worldwide.
Caterpillar Inc operates in an unprecedented global regulatory enforcement environment and the compliance expectations of Caterpillar's key regulators, its Board of Directors, customers and investors have never been higher. Caterpillar's global footprint, key markets and industries, growth strategy and business model puts compliance risk at the forefront of many of our commercial and business processes. The potential cost, reputational and shareholder-value damage created by a non-conformance issue cannot be overstated.
In support of this, Caterpillar is recruiting for the position of Emissions Regulatory Conformance Engineer. This position is based at the Peterborough Campus and reports to the UK Emissions Regulations & Conformance Manager.
The successful candidate will support all aspects, and manage some aspects, of worldwide emissions regulatory conformance for Caterpillar's small to medium sized engine families. This role will suit a candidate that has a desire and ability to understand a level of technical engineering, programme management, legal services and engine performance development.
* Develop an understanding of conformance responsibilities associated with global emissions regulations
* Promote understanding and engagement of emissions regulatory conformance
* Support / lead resolution of emissions regulatory conformance issues
* Lead / support cross functional process improvement initiatives utilising software based data analysis and solutions
* Administrative support to the emissions audit programmes
* Support to other compliance requirements such as defect reporting, exempt engine management, volume reporting, production line testing, etc.
* Teamwork - ability to work co-operatively with others and encourage the same from others
* Project leadership - experience of leading projects (preferably 6-Sigma e.g. green belt projects)
* Thoroughness - quality of delivery (work standards / attention to detail)
* Planning and organisation - ability to prioritise and effectively plan deliverables
* Effective communication - both written and oral communication
* Proactive Learner - willingness to obtain new knowledge
* Initiative - initiating action to meet clearly defined deliverables
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Experience of working within a technical engineering environment
* Experience of using data analysis to understand complex information and inform key decision making
* Ability to effectively contribute to multiple multi-disciplinary projects simultaneously to meet objectives
* Strong Microsoft Word/Excel/Powerpoint skills
* A related engineering degree and / or experience working in the off-highway diesel engine industry
* Good data analysis software skills (preferably using Alteryx)
* Existing regulatory knowledge associated with the certification and / or conformance of off-highway diesel engines
* Experience working with teams communicating/delivering externally (e.g. government agencies)
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.