Sitec has a requirement for an Embedded Software Engineer for our client within the Defence industry. This is a contract role for an estimated 6 months and will be based in Newport, Wales. The pay rate for this role is between £450-500 p/day LTD Company.
Security Clearance - Please note that applicants must have a background to enable a clearance level to SC
The Embedded Software Engineer will report into the Software Engineering Team Lead, and will be responsible for executing allocated Software Work Packages within agreed cost, time and quality constraints.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for demonstrating that the developed product meets all specified customer requirements, by:
* Analysing requirements and specifying the software solution and work breakdown
* Preparing software architectural and detailed design UML Models and documentation
* Generating source code to implement all aspects of the software detailed design
* Controlling and reviewing work of the members of their team (where a team exists)
* Integration of software onto the target platform
* Providing software technical support
* Supporting the company software process and procedure updates
KEY TARGETS / REQUIREMENTS:
* The Embedded Software Engineer must ensure that all software is designed, developed, integrated and tested in accordance with our clients standards; and that all supporting documents are produced in accordance - too - with our clients standards
* Tools, methodologies and coding standards are appropriately specified and applied to achieve project aims.
* Technical design decisions are made within the context of known practices, established precedents and acquired "technical" expertise.
* The cost/benefit trade-offs of design options are understood, enabling appropriate judgement calls to be made.
* Software development plans can be estimated, and resource requirements can be allocated against plans.
* Requires a Degree in relevant field or equivalent Engineering experience
* Must have extensive experience of software development and be familiar with a number of software development methodologies.
* Able to carry out development tasks of up to six months duration with very limited supervision.
* Must have experience of software systems design & implementation for networking communications in a commercial and/or military environment
* Must have experience of stakeholder engagement (e.g. for requirements analysis, design trade-offs, third party certification/accreditation etc.)
* Must be familiar with process driven software development
* Proficient in real-time software design and development in a resource constrained / embedded environment using C or C++.
* Familiar with pertinent design and architectural patterns.
* Object oriented analysis, design and development designed using UML.
* Must have an understanding of requirements implementation and traceability, and of work package definition and estimation.
* Must have successful track record of working in a lead role.
* Must be highly self-motivated, articulate, with good verbal and written communications skills.
* Experience of full project lifecycle
* Experience of Requirements Management (e.g. using DOORS)
* Experience of software implementation of data or voice network protocols (TCP/IP, SNMP, VOIP)
* Knowledge of cryptographic techniques and their application in products / systems.
* Experience of SQL database interfacing/design
* Experience of software configuration management
Successful applicants must meet eligibility requirements to obtain UK Security Clearance
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.