Sitec has an exciting opportunity for an Embedded Software Engineer for our client Caterpillar, at their facility in Peterborough. This is a contract role, for an estimated 12-24 months initially.
The European Division of Advanced Components & Technologies (AC&T) designs and develops electrical and electronic control systems for Caterpillar engine and machine prime products developed and produced in Europe.
The Machine Systems Team is part of the (AC&T) European division and is responsible for development and implementation of control strategies for machines developed by Caterpillar in Europe and involves working closely with process partners to ensure the software delivers the required functionality. The main team responsibilities include electrical and electronic system design, requirements capture, software development and software verification/validation.
The team engages with other software teams to utilise shared software development and testing resources. It leverages common tools, processes, software and system solutions with other Caterpillar machine platforms.
The successful candidate will be working in the machine systems team based in Peterborough, working on control systems for a variety of projects/products.
* C++ expertise
* Matlab Simulink experience for software development
* Degree-qualified software engineer with experience in C-code development for real-time embedded control systems.
* This position demands a higher level of experience in order to undertake a software architect role in addition to pure software development.
* Candidates should be able to show examples of developing new software
* Experience of Stateflow for software development.
* Knowledge of / development experience with Autosar; knowledge of / development experience with the Vector Da Vinci tool set.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.