Sitec has an exciting requirement for an Electronics / Instrumentation Technician for our client Perkins Engines. This is a contract role for an estimated 12 months and will be based in Peterborough. The rate of pay is between £16.00 to £22.00 p/hr LTD Company (DOE).
Department Marketing Statement:
Perkins Engines, a wholly owned subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is recognised as a leading manufacturer of industrial diesel engines. OEM Manufacturers and users on every continent have, for generations, trusted Perkins Engines to power their world. A strategic partner of the Industrial Power Systems Division of Caterpillar, Global Engine Development is responsible for the execution of engine development programs.
This role is part of the Electronics, Controls and Instrumentation Department within our dedicated state of the art Europe Research & Development Centre at the Caterpillar Business Park, Peterborough, UK. Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, this vacancy is a servicing and maintenance position, with emphasis on electronic and control systems knowledge and experience. The role will assist engineers in conducting technical investigations of current and future instrumentation, components and processes both in laboratory and field environments. Operating in a fast paced and professional technical environment, this role will provide an interesting variety of responsibilities and activities, with the opportunity to work both as part of a wider team and independently utilising initiative.
* Practical, hands-on responsibility for maintenance & servicing of various instrumentation & equipment
* Operating test equipment and conducting diagnostic investigations
* Panel building and validation
* Total Preventative Maintenance (TPM) and calibration of electronic equipment
* Wiring harness build and TPM
* Modifications to facility plant/Test rigs and equipment
* Evaluating new products and processes alongside the engineers
* Must be able to adapt to a fast paced working environment
* Strong team working skills to assist engineers in technical investigations and processes
* Customer focus
* Must be self-motivated and possess the ability to use own initiative
* Strong attention to detail and focus on quality
* High work standards
* A focus on Safety must always remain a priority
Skills & Experience Required:
* Either Apprentice qualified in a technical apprenticeship with electrical/electronic bias or equivalent extensive industry experience
* Theoretical knowledge or experience of electronics and control systems
* The capacity for continuous learning
* Previous experience in calibrations of test equipment
* Knowledge of measurement systems and equipment, an understanding of possible errors within the measurement chain, this includes, (but is not exclusive to): Speed, Torque, Pressure and Temperature
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.