Sitec currently have an opportunity for an Electronics Engineer - Control Systems, to join our client Caterpillar / Perkins based in Peterborough. This is a contract role for an initial 12 months but the role will be extended to be ongoing.
The max rate is up to £35p/hr Ltd company.
Caterpillar's legacy of industry leadership dates back to 1925. We have a global footprint with product in more than 180 countries. Caterpillar is a Fortune 50 company and one of the 30 companies on the Dow Jones Industrial Average. We are among Interbrand's Top 100 Global Brands and recognized as one of Barron's World's Most Respected Companies. More than 300 products make up the most diverse product line in the industry.
The Innovation & Technology Development team offers some of the most exciting engineering roles within the Caterpillar global organisation. Working on the integration of electronic and electrical systems within multiple Caterpillar products provides the opportunity to work with multiple disciplines within the organisation.
The integration of the latest Electronics and Electrical technology helps differentiate Caterpillar products from its competitors by enabling exceptional performance and value to the customer. Our integrated machine systems control all aspects of construction machine operation (engine, transmission, hydraulic systems), provide the human-machine interface (operator controls and information displays), and constantly monitor and communicate position, operation, diagnostic and prognostic information to enable machine automation, improved productivity and enhanced serviceability.
The Electronics Engineer - Control Systems will join the European Machine Systems team, who are responsible for machine control system development for all European designed Caterpillar machines and will be heavily involved in the design and development of the control systems. This position offers the opportunity to work on cutting edge machine control system technology for the Caterpillar wheeled excavator.
Key Responsibilities of the Electronics Engineer - Control Systems:
* Development and evolution of software models using Matlab Simulink and Stateflow
* Development of test harness to enable automated HIL verification of control models
* Troubleshoot and resolve electronics / control system issues encountered during build and test of machines. Interface between user areas and electronics system development engineers to implement solutions to affected users.
* Conduct control system tuning/calibration activities on test bench or on machine to achieve desired system performance.
* Compile subsystem software libraries
'Must Have' key skills and competencies for this role
* Good technical background (good technical degree preferred in mechanical, electronic, electrical, control systems or automotive engineering) though other qualifications / experience will be considered.
* Matlab Simulink and Stateflow experience
* Knowledge / experience of vehicle control systems and / or the development process for real-time control systems.
* Ability to translate customer requirements and objectives into production-ready software models.
* Ability to document complex technical concepts accurately and concisely.
* Excellent communications skills
* Strong customer focus
'Desirable' key skills and competencies for this role
* Autosar knowledge/experience
* C Programming Language
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.