Sitec has a requirement for an Electronics Engineer our client Caterpillar. This is a contract role for an estimated 12 months and will be based in Desford, Leicestershire. The max rate on offer is up to £31.00 p/hr LTD Company.
The full job title for this role is 'Senior Electronics Engineer - Electrical System Design and Processes'
The BCP Electrical & Electronics Systems (E&ES) team is chartered to provide intelligent, reliable, cost effective Electrical and Electronics components and systems to BCP Product Groups for use in Caterpillar machines across the world. These products include BHL, CWL, SSL/MTL/CTL, MHE, STTT and SWL.
Located at Desford facility the engineer will work on the BHL and CWL machine products. The primary responsibility for this position will be to work closely with supervisors, project team leaders and other development team partners to develop and maintain machine electrical systems. This will include placing components, and routing harnesses.
The role of Electronics Engineer requires a self-starter with strong technical skills and a desire to develop leadership skills. Candidates must have the ability to communicate technical information effectively and professionally with team members and others in the work group, as well employees in other business units, customers and suppliers.
The Electronics Engineer will be involved in all 3D modelling and hardware modelling work.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Electrical System Design using TeamCenter, Creo, Vis Mockup, EDS
* Software tools shall include Creo Schematics, Pro/DIAGRAM and Pro/CABLING
* Evaluate new products, processes, or systems
* Communicate results to customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units
* Perform product maintenance
* Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in an accredited Engineering, Computer Science, or Materials Science curriculum
* Relevant work experience required - 5+ years electrical experience is required
* Relevant Pro/ENGINEER or Creo experience
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
* Strong analytical skills
* Creo Schematics or Pro/DIAGRAM experience (or similar harness solid modelling software tools)
* Hands-on practical technical experience and a good appreciation of associated vehicle sub-systems such as hydraulics, engines and transmissions…especially in a high-velocity, high-volume environment are also strongly desired.
* Direct experience of designing, developing, troubleshooting and introducing electrical and electronics components and systems in mobile applications is essential.
* Pro/CABLING and Pro/HARNESS experience
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.