Sitec has an exciting opportunity for an Electronics Engineer for our client Caterpillar, at their site in Shrewsbury. This is a contract role, for an estimated 12 months initially.
The Electronics Engineer will be responsible for the research, design, develop, test or supervise the manufacturing of electronic components and systems. The Electronics Engineer should exercise independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Design electronic components, software, products or systems for commercial, industrial, medical, military, or scientific applications.
* Evaluate the cost effectiveness, system requirements and customer needs to determine feasibility of project/system plan.
* Estimate time and cost to complete projects.
* Determine material and equipment needs and order supplies.
* Provide technical support and instruction to staff or customers regarding equipment standards.
* Inspect electronic equipment, products and systems to ensure specifications conformance and safety standards.
Skills and Competencies:
* Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability.
* Team player and detail oriented. Ability to design electronic circuits and components.
* Ability to make sketches, engineering drawings and common computations.
* Ability to apply principles of electronic theory and materials properties to engineering projects.
* University degree in engineering required and previous engineering experience required.
* Previous experience with computer applications and design software related to engineering field.
Rates: up to £34.00 p/hr
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.