Sitec has an exciting opportunity for an Electronic Systems Validation Technician for our client Perkins Engines, at their facility in Peterborough. This is a contract role, for an estimated 24 months initially.
The European Division of Advanced Components &Technologies (AC&T) designs and develops electrical and electronic control systems for Caterpillar engine and machine prime products developed and produced in Europe.
The Machine Systems Team is part of the AC&T European division and is responsible for development and implementation of control strategies for machines developed by Caterpillar in Europe and involves working closely with process partners to ensure the software delivers the required functionality. The main team responsibilities include electrical and electronic system design, requirements capture, software development and software verification/validation.
The team engages with other teams to utilise shared software development and testing resources. It leverages common tools, processes, software and system solutions with other Caterpillar machine platforms.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ELECTRONIC SYSTEMS VALIDATION TECHNICIAN:
* Working directly with system engineers/validation lead to identify validation activities for new components and systems.
* Execution of manual tests on HIL test equipment
* HIL test issue identification and resolution
* Maintenance/reconfiguration of HIL test equipment
* Sign-off of validation activities within validation tracking tool
* Keeping peers, team leader and management up to date with progress against planned activities.
As the Electronic Systems Validation Technician - the successful candidate will have an excellent opportunity to take part in, and have significant responsibility for validation activities for electrical/electronic systems.
* Initiating action
* Good problem-solving and analysis skills
* High work standards
* Good planning and organisational skills
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Either apprentice qualified in a technical apprenticeship with electrical/electronic bias or equivalent extensive industry experience
* Theoretical knowledge or experience of electronics and systems
* The capacity for continuous learning
* Automotive/Off highway electronics experience
* Experience of National Instruments/dSPACE HiL testers and ability to programme automated tests and reporting.
LTD Company - Rates from £15.00 to £22.00 p/hr (dependent on experience)
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.