Sitec has a very interesting requirement for an Electronic (Machine Systems) Development Engineer to be based on-site at Caterpillar Perkins in Peterborough.
You will be involved in the development of electronic control systems for Collision Avoidance and Articulated Truck automation. Collecting customer requirements, developing the requirements and working with the software department to integrate them into the machine software.
These are contract positions with an estimated duration of 12 months on-going.
You will be involved in the integration of the latest Electronics and Electrical technology which helps differentiate Caterpillar products from its competitors.
The Innovation & Technology Development team offers some of the most exciting engineering roles within the Caterpillar global organisation; working on the integration of electronic and electrical systems within multiple Caterpillar products.
You will join the team to contribute to the design and development of electrical and electronic control systems for Caterpillar both in Collision Avoidance and Articulated Trucks automation.
The successful candidate will be working on a multitude of development projects to design and develop systems and sub systems that meet both regulatory and customer requirements.
'Must Have' key skills and competencies for this role:
A Degree-qualified engineer with experience in the broad range of systems and sub-systems engineering activities involved in the development of electronic machine control systems.
Demonstrated experience of:
* Collecting customer requirements
* Documenting technical specifications
* Developing electronic features and integrating them into machine software
* Completion of initial verification testing of feature
* Participation in FMEA development
'Desirable' key skills and competencies for this role:
* Off-highway machine control system development experience (or comparable experience with automotive, marine or military vehicle control systems)
* Requirements management (DOORS, Teamcentre etc.)
* D-Space or NI test bench experience
* J1939 CAN/Ethernet System experience
* Vector CANape/CANalyzer or similar experience
You will not be required to have in-depth experience of:
* Software code development (Matlab Simulink or Hand Code)
* Software Validation
* Electronic hardware development
The Manager of this department is flexible with regard to those needing to stay away from home during the working week.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.