Sitec has an exciting opportunity an Machine Controls Engineer (Electronic Machine Systems) to be based on-site at Caterpillar Perkins in Peterlee. These are contract positions with an estimated duration of 2 years. The hourly rate for this role is £31 to £38.50 per hour Ltd.
Electronic Controls now form the cornerstone of all major functionality on Caterpillar Articulated Trucks. The Machine Controls Section of Global Machine Development exists to assure that development and validation of these systems are executed efficiently and effectively.
Working with partners in Cat Electronics, IPS, Transmissions, Engines, Hydraulics, and Machine Systems, the Machine Controls Engineer plans, executes software & electronic system development and validation activities on machines at both Cornforth Proving Ground and customer locations.
* Contributing to the creation of electronic control system development and validation schedules for NTI / NPI / CPI projects on Articulated Trucks.
* Creation of on-machine validation procedures for Articulated Trucks electronic control systems
* Planning and execution of on-machine development and validation activities, including thorough documentation of issues.
* Provide product group approval and sign off for SW enabled features.
* Facilitate and execute SW factory flashing validation including cab line, main line, PSPS and VMC.
* Support of other development and validation activities executed on-machine as technical expert for the electronic control system.
* Execute BIQ process.
* Trouble shooting machine control or machine behaviour issues including data capture and analysis.
Some travel to customer sites may be required to gather data, repair problems and perform tests.
Controls validation may include hoisting, steering, transmission, display, SW enabled machine features, payload monitoring, telematics and engine control systems.
Background / Experience / Qualifications:
* BS degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Computer Science
* Understanding of electronic systems development tools and methodologies
* Ability to concisely and accurately communicate technical information
* On-board or off-board machine control system development experience.
* Flexible and adaptable work ethic.
* Must be able to work in a diverse environment.
* Experience with electronic systems development tools, including CANape, CADet, HPQC
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.