Sitec has a requirement for an Electronic Engine Applications Engineer for our client - Caterpillar - based in Peterborough.
This is a contract role for an initial 12 months and the max rate of pay on offer is up to £33.00 p/hr LTD Company.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE/ PROJECT
Caterpillar's legacy of industry leadership dates back to 1925. Caterpillar is a Fortune 100 company and one of the 30 companies on the Dow Jones Industrial Average. We are among Interbrand's Top 100 Global Brands and recognized as one of Barron's World's Most Respected Companies. More than 300 products make up the most diverse product line in the industry.
Our parent Innovation & Technology Development Division (ITDD) offers some of the most exciting engineering roles within the Caterpillar global organisation.
The integration of the latest Electronics and Electrical technology helps differentiate Caterpillar products from its competitors by enabling exceptional performance and value to the customer. Our engine systems control air and fuel delivery with millisecond precision to maximise performance and minimise exhaust emissions. Our integrated machine systems control all aspects of construction machine operation (engine, transmission, hydraulic systems), provide the human-machine interface (operator controls and information displays), and constantly monitor and communicate position, operation, diagnostic and prognostic information to enable machine automation, improved productivity and enhanced serviceability.
The European Division of Advanced Components & Technologies (AC&T) designs and develops electrical and electronic control systems for Caterpillar engine and machine prime products developed and produced in Europe.
The Engine Systems Team is part of the (AC&T) European Division and is responsible for development and implementation of electrical and electronic control systems for diesel engines developed by Caterpillar in the UK.
The Electronic Engine Applications Engineer will be working on a several projects to develop systems that meet both regulatory and customer requirements.
This is a key role within the Electronic Engine Applications team and entails proactively working with other Electronics team members and with development partners to:
* Define the functional requirements of the engine electronic application features
* Coordinate with software developers to develop the relative application features
* Define verification plans, perform and document the verification results
* Provide technical support to queries related to functionality
* Investigate /Analyse / troubleshoot / resolve any reported quality issues.
* Raise and propose changes or improvements to related development processes.
* Review and support technical publications, ensuring that technical contents are relevant and correct.
* Participate in, and maintain, related FMEA elements
'Must Have' key skills and competencies for this role
* Degree-qualified engineer with experience in the broad range of activities involved in the development of Electronic Engine, machine or automotive control systems.
* Demonstrated experience of:
- Actively collecting and developing customer requirements
- Documenting technical specifications
- Defining electronic features and coordinating the development of them.
- Completion of initial verification testing of features
- Participation in FMEA development
* Good Electrical and Electronic knowledge with 'fault finding' capability
* Good communication skills
* Ability to build strong working relationships, locally and within a Global team
* Provide focus on the customer and their needs
* Ability to initiate and take independent action
'Desirable' key skills and competencies for this role
* Off-highway Electronic control system development experience (or comparable experience with automotive, marine or military vehicle control systems)
* Requirements management
* dSpace control desk and automation desk
* Python programming language
* Vector CANape and CANalyzer experience
* FMEA facilitator or Team Lead experience
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.