Sitec has a requirement for an Electronic Controls Engineer, to work for our client Perkins Engines. This is a contract role, initially for 6-12 months. The role will be based in Peterborough
The max pay rate is up to £40.00 p/hr LTD Company but is dependent on experience.
Our client, a major manufacturer based in Peterborough with a globally recognised brand, has just made available a 12 month contract opportunity for an Electronic Controls Engineer to join their Innovation & Technology Development team.
The integration of the latest Electronics and Electrical technology helps differentiate our client's products from its competitors by enabling exceptional performance and value to the customer. Our integrated machine systems control all aspects of construction machine operation (engine, transmission, hydraulic systems), provide the human-machine interface (operator controls and information displays), and constantly monitor and communicate position, operation, diagnostic and prognostic information to enable machine automation, improved productivity and enhanced serviceability.
The successful applicant for this position will join the European Machine Systems team, who are responsible for machine control system development for all European designed machines and will be heavily involved in the design and development of the control systems. This position offers the opportunity to work on cutting edge machine control system technology for the wheeled excavator.
Key Responsibilities of the Electronic Controls Engineer
* Development and evolution of software models using Matlab Simulink and Stateflow
* Development of test harness to enable automated HIL verification of control models
* Troubleshoot and resolve electronics / control system issues encountered during build and test of machines. Interface between user areas and electronics system development engineers to implement solutions to affected users.
* Conduct control system tuning/calibration activities on test bench or on machine to achieve desired system performance.
Qualifications and Experience required for the Electronic Controls Engineer role
* Good technical background (good technical degree preferred in mechanical, electronic, electrical, control systems or automotive engineering) though other qualifications / experience will be considered.
* Matlab Simulink and Stateflow experience
* Knowledge / experience of vehicle control systems and / or the development process for real-time control systems.
* Ability to translate customer requirements and objectives into production-ready software models.
* Ability to document complex technical concepts accurately and concisely.
* Excellent communications skills
* Strong customer focus
* Autosar knowledge/experience
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.