Sitec has an exciting opportunity for a Electro Mechanical Fitter for our client Pyroban, at their site in Shoreham. This is a contract role, for an estimated 12 months initially.
Pyroban Limited, the world leader in hazard protection engineering, is looking for an experienced Electro-Mechanical Fitter to join its engineering and manufacturing facility in Shoreham, West Sussex. You will come from a mechanical/electrical background and be proficient in electrical and mechanical fitting skills.
* Carry out electrical and mechanical fitting activities, including minor fabrication.
* Discuss conversion requirements with the Team Leader and Engineer as part of the pre-conversion review.
* Plan daily/weekly work schedule with the Team Leader in order to identify issues that may affect successful project completion.
* Read and interpret engineering instructions (drawings, wiring diagrams, photographs) to achieve specification.
* Select appropriate materials for on-job manufactured parts.
* Complete project documentation as required during and at the end of projects
* Document (sketches, photographs or instructions) any aspects or components developed during the project for future reference.
* Raise any concerns or issues with the Team Leader and Engineer to ensure appropriate support is provided.
* Participant in continuous improvement projects as required.
* Take on extra workshop responsibilities, e.g. first aider, health and safety rep, fire warden.
* Act as a mentor to new employees and train other team members.
* Operate within the guidelines of the Company's policies and procedures, IS9001 and internal work instructions.
* Ensure that all areas, plant and equipment are kept in a clean and safe working condition and that the general area is kept in a clean and tidy state.
* Comply with the Company's health and safety policy, procedures and processes.
* Promote the Caterpillar Values in Action.
* Proven experience within an electrical/mechanical role.
* Ability to read and understand engineering/technical drawings and processes.
* High level of proficiency in fault-finding and trouble-shooting.
* Basic IT skills.
* Ability to complete required documentation and records in a timely manner.
* Ability to problem solve.
* Proactive, enthusiastic and flexible attitude.
* Strong team ethic.
* Experience in mentoring/training other team members.
* Willingness to adhere to all health and safety policies, procedures and processes. ? Willingness to learn additional skills.
* Willingness to take on extra workshop responsibilities, e.g. first aider, health & safety rep, fire warden.
* Awareness of commercial implications, i.e. delivery targets.
* Willingness to work overtime when required.
* Own tools.
* Apprenticeship, City & Guilds or equivalent.
* Awareness of quality assurance throughout the whole process.
* Ability to problem solve.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.