Sitec are currently looking to recruit 3 Electrical Technicians for a nuclear MoD establishment near Reading. The posts are for an estimated 12 month contract and are paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment and due to the nature of the projects with this client, Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK who hold a full British Passport. Unfortunately, dual nationals will not be considered for this position.
Start Date - From May 2020
Role and Responsibilities
The Electrical Technician or Electrical Control & Instrumentation Technician shall:
- Report to the Companies Site Supervisor or Engineer for all matters relating to quality and safety.
- Install and maintain Low Voltage Plant/Equipment.
- Interpret and implement the current requirements of the Electricity at Work Regulations and IEE Regulations (BS7671).
- Work in compliance with the requirements of the CSG Health and Safety Procedures (CSG-PRD-HSE-0).
- Perform work so as to avoid danger to themselves and to others that might be affected by their actions.
- Undertake isolation of electrical systems/equipment in line with CSG-PRD-HSE-4 and in particular Live Working Restrictions.
- Report all anomalies, safety hazards, plant damage and specific problems through the Project Supervisor/Engineer before proceeding further.
- Refrain from interference with any safety equipment provided in the interests of Health and Safety (PPE, fire extinguishers etc).
- Build only to the Print' in compliance with the requirements of the Electricity at Work Regulations.
- Adopt at all times the S*T*A*R*T principle. Stop, Think, Act, Review, & Tell, whilst engaged on all types of works on site.
- Attend weekly Toolbox Talks relating to matters of safety and Company policy.
- Participate in the production and review of Point of Work Risk Assessments.
- Participate in the Pre and Post Job Briefs and Post Job De-Briefs
These duties are project specific and in addition to those described in the Company and project manuals and procedures. The successful candidate shall ensure that they are familiar with these documents, and any legislation to which they refer.
The Electrical Technician or Electrical Control & Instrumentation Technician may be assisted in the execution of these duties by a team of supervisory staff. The services of site establishment e.g. quality, safety, administration etc. will also be available of which full use should be made.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.