Sitec has an exciting requirement for an Electrical Test Technician RF for our client based in Portsmouth. This is a contract role for an estimated 6 months.
JOB PROFILE - Electrical Test Technician RF
The AIT RF Test Technician is responsible for performing unit electrical integration, and RF performance testing on satellite payloads and instruments, using Automated Test Equipment (ATE) and manual test equipment.
This individual is responsible for performing electrical test activities throughout all test phases of the project life-cycle. Reporting to the Manager of Payload AIT Electrical Test, responsibilities will include:
* Perform electrical integration on payloads using both automated test equipment and manual measurements, using COTS equipment such as oscilloscopes and multi-meters.
* Perform manual RF measurements of payload equipment and sub systems using equipment such as Power Meters, Spectrum Analysers, Network analysers and signal Generators.
* Run automated test sequences using a Payload Test System (PTS) in accordance with issued test procedures.
* Check performance of payload equipment against parameters detailed in test procedures and review results for non-conformances.
* Perform connection of test hardware (DC, Coaxial & Waveguide) to flight interfaces following company processes.
* Complete build records to comply with company quality standards
QUALIFICATIONS AND/OR SKILLS
* Automated test experience/RF measurement techniques in high reliability manufacturing / test area related to communication equipment
* Electrical and RF communication engineering and measurement techniques, working to test procedures.
* Practical / hands on relevant COTS Electrical and RF measurement instruments (oscilloscopes, multi-meters, Power Meters, Spectrum Analysers, Network analysers, PNA / PNA-X and signal Generators).
* Knowledge of current software applied to measurement systems is desirable, knowledge of automatic test systems and result processing
Must be prepared to travel to other UK and European sites. Shift work has the potential to include nights and weekends.
The working patterns will initially be normal days (Monday to Friday) for a period of familiarisation, however, there is an expectation that the programme will require shift work which is typically 4 days on, 4 days off, 4 nights on and 4 nights off.
For more information on this please contact Ashley to discuss
Successful applicants for this role must be able to obtain a BPSS level (with a Disclosure Scotland) clearance.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.